cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For those who have have been declined for US Bank card..

tag
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

Re: For those who have have been declined for US Bank card..

@Wavester64 wrote:

checked using my zipcode if I could open a checking/savings to start a relationship, but there was no offering for my area unfortunately.

The US Bancorp Self Directed Investment Account is open to anyone nationwide.

Once you get it open, you can call customer service on the investment side to help you get checking/savings. Tell them you want the Gold Checking account so you can get 100 free trades per year in the brokerage account and they'll conference call in a CSR from the bank. The checking account is $15/month unless you have a US Bank "lending product" or have a credit score above 740 and sign up for their "You've earned it" program.

They're slow as molases, so the whole thing takes about a month, but everyone I've dealt with was super polite, professional and helpful.

Message 11 of 20
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

And if you don't qualify to have the $15 fee waved, they don't charge it for the first month (sometimes two) and you can PC to the free checking account before then.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChazzieT wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

checked using my zipcode if I could open a checking/savings to start a relationship, but there was no offering for my area unfortunately.

Once you get it open, you can call customer service on the investment side to help you get checking/savings. Tell them you want the Gold Checking account so you can get 100 free trades per year in the brokerage account and they'll conference call in a CSR from the bank. The checking account is $15/month unless you have a US Bank "lending product" or have a credit score above 740 and sign up for their "You've earned it" program.

They're slow as molases, so the whole thing takes about a month, but everyone I've dealt with was super polite, professional and helpful.

It needs to be pointed out that the "You've Earned It" program uses Vantage, not FICO. I tried going for it the other day and was shot down despite a 780 FICO 8. It is good to know it's 740+ and not 760+ like I thought it was though because that means I'm only 10 points away from it. 

Message 13 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Not meSmiley Wink. Once they realized where i lived, im sure they got a curious case of 🧦pox😏

Message 14 of 20
Fated4Credit
Regular Contributor

@ChazzieT wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

I'm also looking to get the cash + in August & I did check to see if I could open up a saving account & got the same reply of "no offerings for checking or saving account in my area." What your suggesting just seems like I would be jumping through hoops just to be possibly denied or approved. At this point I'd rather take my chances with a cold app & possibly end up with the infamous 500 SL that US Bank is known to give out 🤷

Discover: $15,900
Cap One QS: $4811
CFU: $8,000
PPMC: $12,000
US Bank Cash+: $13,000
Penfed Powercash Rewards: $7,500
AAOA: 3.5 yrs
Experian (Fico 8) 756
Transunion (Fico 8) 757
Equifax (Fico 8) 764
Message 15 of 20
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

>>end up with the infamous 500 SL that US Bank is known to give out

I would have been happy with that yesterday Smiley Very Happy

Potential Future Cards
Message 16 of 20
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It needs to be pointed out that the "You've Earned It" program uses Vantage, not FICO. I tried going for it the other day and was shot down despite a 780 FICO 8. It is good to know it's 740+ and not 760+ like I thought it was though because that means I'm only 10 points away from it. 

Just to be clear. I haven't seen this in writing or anything. It is based solely off of my being accepted with a 741 Vantage 3.0 at the time of application (and having been denied at 733).

Message 17 of 20
ChazzieT
Frequent Contributor

@Fated4Credit wrote:

I'm also looking to get the cash + in August & I did check to see if I could open up a saving account & got the same reply of "no offerings for checking or saving account in my area." What your suggesting just seems like I would be jumping through hoops just to be possibly denied or approved. At this point I'd rather take my chances with a cold app & possibly end up with the infamous 500 SL that US Bank is known to give out 🤷

It is absolutely a hassle and of course it's no guarantee, but the collective wisdom of MF seems to be that building a relationship is helpful in getting approved for US Bank Credit. This is simply a workaround for those who wouldn't otherwise be able to build that relationship. It got me in with US Bank. We'll see in December if it helped me get a Cash+ approval. Heart

For the record, I cold apped in May 2019 and was told come back when I was 0/6 New cards. Cold apped again in Nov and was told come back when I'm 0/12. Smiley Mad

Message 18 of 20
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Just received an approval email from US bank for my 5th tradeline with them in 1.8 years. Small SL, but the cards grow decently. 

It just proves even with double digit inqs and many new accounts in a 4 month period.

You can still be approved if you have a relationship with this bank.

You'll crack that nut eventually OP.

Just give it some time.

I was also denied several times before getting in the door.

PSX_20200311_075822.jpg

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChazzieT wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just to be clear. I haven't seen this in writing or anything. It is based solely off of my being accepted with a 741 Vantage 3.0 at the time of application (and having been denied at 733).

Well that's good enough evidence I would say. I'll try again at 740. Won't be long before I get there. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.