Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced conversion

tag
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Forced conversion

Last week I pc'd my no annual fee cap1 plat mc to a qs1. Now today I get an email from cap1 letting me know that my 7 year old hsbc discover platinum rewards card is being converted to a capital one platinum MasterCard. Umm what? My hsbc card only has a limit of $750. It is used once a year to keep it from closing. It is a ridiculous card with a toy limit and it's ugly. But you know what?... I love that card because they were the only people to offer me credit when my score was in the toilet and I still appreciate them for that. I keep that card separate from all of my other sock drawered cards because it's special to me. Today my score range 760-780 thanks to them.

now my question is, because they told me I would be getting a new account number will my AAoA be lowered? I have had this card 7 years, never late. 4 years cap1 and 2 years CSP, BCP, Disc IT and a few more store cards. Are there any positives with this situation or should I be upset? The only plus I can think of is that I can now ask for a cli.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Berk
Established Contributor

Re: Forced conversion

It will not change your AAoA at all. Look on the postivie side - you can now frame that card and put it on the mantle to look at every day rather than keep it in your sock drawer.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Likely they will change the existing CB info by replacing the account number and continue the reporting (keeping all previous info) as if nothing ever happened. Have had several cards where this happened and no effect to AAoA. Understand your concern!
Message 3 of 4
EvilR-T
Frequent Contributor

Nice. I'll use the card for one last purchase... The frame to keep it in Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.