Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Foreign call center reps...

tag
armywifey85
Regular Contributor

Foreign call center reps...

I want to say thanks to all those nice foreign call center reps. I really gotta say I called sprint to get help and those reps really have good manners they say thank you and please more than I have ever heard any other reps say. And when my bill was messed up she even called me after she was done fixing it telling me how sorry she was and thanking me. We might of had a little language barrier but all in all that was the best rep customer service I have had. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Foreign call center reps...

I've had mixed experiences with overseas customer service centers.  But then again, I've had equally mixed results with call centers based in the United States.  What I find the most amusing is when the reps try to make small talk while they look up my account info or await technical feedback (for issues related to my laptop or DSL service) - "So, I see you are having some nice weather up in [struggles with the pronounciation of a multisyllabic city name like Keosauqua]..."

Anyways, I'm sure that others will have pointedly different impressions from you.  As a reminder to everyone, please refer to the following thread before you reply:

Posting About Foreign Call Center Frustrations

Message 2 of 9
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Lel wrote:

I've had mixed experiences with overseas customer service centers.  But then again, I've had equally mixed results with call centers based in the United States.  What I find the most amusing is when the reps try to make small talk while they look up my account info or await technical feedback (for issues related to my laptop or DSL service) - "So, I see you are having some nice weather up in [struggles with the pronounciation of a multisyllabic city name like Keosauqua]..."

Anyways, I'm sure that others will have pointedly different impressions from you.  As a reminder to everyone, please refer to the following thread before you reply:

Posting About Foreign Call Center Frustrations

+1

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 3 of 9
-RED
Regular Contributor

I have to agree 100%!

I'd rather talk somebody in India,,, then almost anybody here in the USofA!!!

-800 or Bust...!
Message 4 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I just want to talk to someone who has been properly trained by the CCC, and who has been given the authority to actually do something in response to my request.

If these two things are true, they could be on Mars, for all I care. Just wave your feelers around and help a girl out down here.

Some of the overseas reps who've been great: AmEx fraud CSR (sounded South Asian); Equifax Credit Watch Gold CSR (I think they're in Honduras.) Not-so-great: HSBC, Chase. I had a follow-up call once from a BofA representative who was French Canadian --that one got pretty funny. I even tried speaking French at one point, but his Quebecois English was way better than my 40-years-ago French.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 9
pattycake
Established Contributor

I'm with HTSU - when we had DSL Internet, the reps in India were the most helpful and the only ones who could keep us connected.  As far as CC call centers, the foreign ones do not appear to have as much authority or training as the ones based here at home, so it's not their fault they can't take care of certain issues. They speak the language just fine (there are also lots of centers in northern Mexico, BTW) and understand what we need just fine.  

YMMV when it comes to any call center.  

pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 6 of 9
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps the most unusual - and somewhat disconcerting - experience I've had with a CSR was when I called a state's tourism bureau for travel information.  The rep was US-based and very friendly.  He asked the standard questions - when will be you traveling, what do you like to do, how long do you plan to stay - which I answered in full.  I provided my home address to which the info would be sent.

A couple weeks later, I read an article (in the Wall Street Journal, I believe) that said that this state's tourism hotline had been "in-sourced" Smiley Wink to the corrections department.  The CSR reps are non-violent felons who were incarcerated for crimes such as burgulary.  And I thought to myself, did I just give my address to a burgular, and also provide him with the most opportune dates to pay me an unexpected visit? Smiley Very Happy

But I will say this: he was definitely one of the most polite CSRs I have ever worked with.

Message 7 of 9
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

@Lel wrote:

What I find the most amusing is when the reps try to make small talk while they look up my account info or await technical feedback (for issues related to my laptop or DSL service)

I once had a rep ask me if I watched a lot of Cricket. It was all I could do to keep from laughing hysterically. 

08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 8 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Tons_of_Debt wrote:

@Lel wrote:

What I find the most amusing is when the reps try to make small talk while they look up my account info or await technical feedback (for issues related to my laptop or DSL service)

I once had a rep ask me if I watched a lot of Cricket. It was all I could do to keep from laughing hysterically.

I would love to find a CSR who could tell me how to watch Cricket. All I can find are PPV streams that may not even allow viewing in North America. Something free would be nice.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.