cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former U.S. Bank Solutions Rep... Ask me anything.

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Re: Former U.S. Bank Solutions Rep... Ask me anything.

Hi,

I've had my account open for 7 months now. At $1000, it's the lowest limit I have by a long way. What's the best way to increase this? The limit isn't even high enough for a planned purchase at REI. Thanks.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 111 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings!

My USB Cash+ cash is 3 months old now. I have been a USB customer for more than  decade now. When is it safe to app the USB 365 Amex?

Message 112 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Regarding monthly utilization. Do you beleive there is a difference between someone that uses their credit line heavily each month and pays the balance to zero before the next statement, so that their monthly balance gets reported as zero dollars owed, or someone that just charges a few dollars every month to show some activity?

Is any type of utilization shown to reps, and do you beleive it makes a difference in credit line increase decisions either by the software or a manual decision?

Message 113 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, jordandhale95.

I've read from your post of a 6 month rule. Is it a recommendation or a hard rule (like 5/24 for Chase)?

I have a new account within 6 months (a new credit card from Chase). But by checking online at US Bank, I got a prequalification of Altitude Reserve. This may be due to my existing relationship with US Bank (one checking, one Cash Plus, and one Radisson credit card).

I really like this card but not sure if I should go for it now or wait until I have no new account or inqueries within 6 months (which will be March 2019).

Is the online prequalification solid?

Thanks again for great post.

Message 114 of 120
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Perhaps the OP took a break since it appears s/he hasn't posted further replies since 10/2.
Message 115 of 120
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@FinStar wrote:
Perhaps the OP took a break since it appears s/he hasn't posted further replies since 10/2.

+1

Since the OP hasn't been back to the forums in over a month this thread is now closed to new messages.

@Anonymous, if you return and want to continue to answer questions from the community please use the 'Report Inappropriate Content' option on any post in this thread to notify a moderator, and we will re-open the thread for you.

--UB

Message 116 of 120
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Thread has been re-opened per OP's request.  

Message 117 of 120
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

Sweeeet!!!
Trying to master the “Art and Science” of The USB!! Really enjoy reading the whole thread!!
Welcome back OP!!
New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 118 of 120
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Hi Jordan! Thanks for your answers.

I have some questions regarding US Bank and bankrupcties. I declared chapter 7 bankruptcy in 201 and included my Bed Bath and Beyond MC. Does US Bank ever let BK customers back in? If so, what are the lending guidelines? Also, how about with Elan?

Thanks!

Guyatthebeach

Message 119 of 120
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your time and patience! A real asset to this community and customers in general.

I have a 23 month old FP VS, coming up on the Annual Fee. Already tried CS once: zero help (no PC, no "satisfaction miles", only 3,500 FP toward AF). Although polite, the rep. didn't seem to have a lot of background information. Is it worth trying again? I'd like to product change to a NAF FP Amex or Cash+ to keep the account history (oldest card). Is there a recon/escalation solution?

Thanks again!

Message 120 of 120
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.