cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former WaMu Cards w/Chase - What happened to your card?

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Former WaMu Cards w/Chase - What happened to your card?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi All

My former WaMu Visa acquired by Chase expires November of this year. I was issued a plain ole Visa from Chase.  Those of who that had former WaMu cards that are now with Chase, please let me know your experience with what happens on the expiration date and/or your product change options. Thanks.

I think they converted Wamu Rewards Visa to Flexible Rewards Visa a couple of years ago.  Two years, I got CLD to $500 CL. I told them to close it.

Ron.

Message 11 of 38
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

They shut my card down without even telling me.  I'm not a fan of Chase. 

Sorry to learn of your experience. Did they cancel your card after acquiring from WaMu or during your renewal month?

I made the mistake of paying down my balance (it was at about 85% utilization) in full and they shut me down.  This was right after I got my Chase card.  

Bad thing is I was out of town when they shut it down...glad I had a backup card or I'd have been up a creek! 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 12 of 38
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

I had a Wamu Visa and a week after Chase took it over i called and got it changed over to TJX rewards MC. (tried freedom but a no go). They also increased my limit twice auto 3100. My wamu limit was 2500 and i had a BK 7 at that time. I also have a mortgage with Chase so maybe thats why, who knows.
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 13 of 38
konabill
Regular Contributor

Chase closed my WAMU card immediately!     I will NEVER go into a CHASE bank.....ever.      I miss WAMU Smiley Sad

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 14 of 38
android01
Valued Contributor

As others have mentioned, they issued me a Slate card right after they took over WAMU.  Jacked the rate to 24% and slashed my CL by 50% (from 15K to 7.5K).  I called to see if I could lower the APR and was told by a CSR that "if you can't afford to use your Chase card, then by all means use someone elses."  I did as I was told, and the only reason it didn't make it to the shredder was it was a 15 year old account.  I have a $10.95 Netflix subscription every month on this card, and it doesn't get used for anything else at all, ever.  Needless to say, I'll never build any kind of relationship with Chase, and I actively try to dissuade anyone who will listen to me to keep as far away from them as possible.

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 15 of 38
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

I cut my Chase card up and flushed it down the toilet along with the rest of the @#%*.

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 16 of 38
JonStur
Established Contributor

Wow Android01 I can't believe the CSR was that vicious, the Somali Pirates could learn a few things about holding people hostage from Chase!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 17 of 38
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

My WaMu card was converted to a Chase Perfect (I called for a PC after they bought WAMU). I don't use it that much because the CLI is too low + they don't CLI at all.

Chase sucks big time when they start charging for Chase checking account that used to be free.

They can't touch my Free checking account I opened with WAMU though.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 18 of 38
jefftca925
Established Contributor

I got my Wamu MC back in April 2008.  After Chase took them over I PC'd it to a PerfectCard in '09 and a couple months ago converted it to a Freedom card (my third).  I rarely use it and just have a monthly subscription charged to it for around 10 bucks.  The APR is still 12.24%, the same as it was when I opened the account.  I have 4 CCs with Chase, a checking and savings, and soon a mortgage.  I've been relatively happy with them...but as happy as you can be with a big bank.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 19 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Hi, PurpleHaze!  Good to see you!

Chase jacked my interest rate too, bigtime, and slashed my limit by 75%.  I'm in the upper 700's for FICO scores, and have other Chase accounts, too.  PIF monthly.

I went from 8.99% to 22.24%, and from $27k to $6800.  This was not too long after, IN MY OPINION ONLY,  they robbed the WaMu shareholders of their equity, with the cooperation of the feds.

I was hoping they would not renew my card account, but no such luck.  I got a plain ole Chase replacement card with a new expiration date at renewal time.

I sometimes use it to buy a hamburger for my dog at Mickey D's, just to keep it active.  And I get paper statements, too.   Keeps their costs up.

Smiley Happy

Thats the way to do it too!  Them fartnockers jacked me up too and their service is less than desirable. 

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.