cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former WaMu Cards w/Chase - What happened to your card?

tag
My2cents
Regular Contributor

Re: Former WaMu Cards w/Chase - What happened to your card?

Hey Purple.  I was able to convert my card into Chase Freedom.  However I have not received a CLI or CLD, so it is good in some ways and bad in some ways.

Remember the pFicos.  The good ole days.

Ole My2centsSmiley Wink

700 Club Member
Message 21 of 38
konabill
Regular Contributor

But most of all I miss My FREE FICO score !            CHASE blows!

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 22 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an fyi, Chase Freedom is reported as an open line of credit.  It's not really reported like a true credit card to the credit bureaus.

Message 23 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Just an fyi, Chase Freedom is reported as an open line of credit.  It's not really reported like a true credit card to the credit bureaus.

Hi, welcome to the forums!

This is only true if the Freedom is a Visa Signature or World MC. Otherwise they report just like any normal CC.

That's why I'm perfectly happy to have my Freedom CL stuck at $4K. Smiley Wink If it hits $5K, it might well transform into a Siggy or World.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 24 of 38
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

If people are still interested in the continuing saga, I'll answer:  I had two Wamu cards, one with a $4000 limit and one with a $2,000 limit.

The $4,000 limit card was a clear red WaMu card ; the rate had been 8% with WaMu and it went up to something high eventuallyt; 22%, I think.

At one point I carried a balance close to $3K and I went to the dentist and charged about $700 at once for a root canal.  I got a letter saying that they had lowered my limit to $3,788 (that's right, a weird number, and it was around $75 or so higher than the balance at that point in time.)  The limit is the same to this day, but somewhere along the way they reissued it to a silver-colored Chase card.

The $2,000 limit card is a clear blue WaMu card; the rate had been 12% but became around 22% also, something like that - I don't remember, maybe 18% first.  Keep in mind that I have perfect records with all of these cards, never any lates ever.  I do have some high balances on many cards, though - you can search my recent posts and see a thread I started recently called something like "Chase closed my card!"  It expires... well, today, and they told me they have not renewed it.  I got a letter saying that it was up for renewal and they've chosen not to renew it.  It never was reissued with the word Chase on it; I guess I'll cut it up now since it expires today and it says WaMu on it.

A few months ago I took the bait for their offer to make all payments on time (I do that anyway) and not use the card (I was either not using it or hardly using it) and get a credit of $50 and I took the bait, for both cards.  I wonder if that had anything to do with the cancellation.  In the comments section of accepting the offer, I did mouth off about my dissatisfaction with Chase regarding the rate increases; I was pretty vituperous now that I think of it.  I wonder if that caused them to give one of my cards the axe.  On the other hand, I don't know why I ever got two cards; I thought it was an oversight on WaMu's part to offer me two and grant me two, anyway.

Finally, my husband has a $1,300  solid orange WaMu card (weird how many colored cards we have with this one company, huh?) and there's a similar story about rate-jacking; also a perfect payment history etc. and he just paid this card completely OFF so it will be interesting to see if they renew it or close it when it expires, which is in August of this year, one month away  now.  He also accepted the $50 reward bait.

I would make a monetary bet on his orange WaMu card being cancelled by Chase before August.

Frequent Contributor

Oh yeah, just so people know.

Recently, I tried to use my Wamu check and it won't work.  I' haven't written a wamu check in years.  they say it has to do with the routing number.  Certain routing numbers from wamu will not work with chase anymore.  just fyi

Message 26 of 38
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Has a WAMU Platinum 2500 card before.  HAd it PC's to Freedom with the same limit.  I also remember receiving the 50 dollar credit option for not using the card and paying it down but never got it for I was scared they would shut down the card Smiley Happy

Just had a CLI to 4000 2 months ago.

Did one today and -- -denied Smiley Sad 

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 27 of 38
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is only true if the Freedom is a Visa Signature or World MC. Otherwise they report just like any normal CC.

That's why I'm perfectly happy to have my Freedom CL stuck at $4K. Smiley Wink If it hits $5K, it might well transform into a Siggy or World.

Hmmm. My wife's Freedom Visa reports as "Revolving" on all 3 reports w/ CL ($11014.00)  and "High Balance" ($6972.00) reporting.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      This is a former Providian/WAMU Visa. Chase converted it several months after the merger to the Perfect Card (this was my request) and then they converted it to the Freedom in September or October, 2010. I didn't request it. They did it on their own.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 28 of 38
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@OnTheRebound wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmm. My wife's Freedom Visa reports as "Revolving" on all 3 reports w/ CL ($11014.00)  and "High Balance" ($6972.00) reporting.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      This is a former Providian/WAMU Visa. Chase converted it several months after the merger to the Perfect Card (this was my request) and then they converted it to the Freedom in September or October, 2010. I didn't request it. They did it on their own.

That's true --a card can have a CL greater than $5K and not be a World or Siggy. I have several like this.

But generally (not always), World/ Siggy cards have a minimum CL of $5K. I figure as long as my card is less than that, I don't have to worry about the whole NPSL (no pre-set limit) craziness. Of course, just to add confusion, I have two MC World NPSL cards, and they do report the CL. Go figure.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 29 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a WaMu visa in June '07. I never paid late (none of my accounts have been paid late, EVER!) one month after Chase took over, I received notice my APR was going from 8.9% to 28.99%!! The next month it was closed by Chase altogether.  This issue is still creating problems for me to this day...since it is listed on my CR as "closed by grantor". I was recently approved for a Discover More card ($5,000 CL) and also applied for a Chase Freedom card at the same time. I was declined by Chase because, and the only reason they list is "Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank."  Derogatory relationship? Delinquency? I really find this insulting, and somewhat upsetting. They seem to have no problem taking my direct deposit (paycheck) every other week, though.

Message 30 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.