cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Former WaMu Cards w/Chase - What happened to your card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Former WaMu Cards w/Chase - What happened to your card?

Hi All

My former WaMu Visa acquired by Chase expires November of this year. I was issued a plain ole Visa from Chase.  Those of who that had former WaMu cards that are now with Chase, please let me know your experience with what happens on the expiration date and/or your product change options. Thanks.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

Re: Former WaMu Cards w/Chase - What happened to your card?

They shut my card down without even telling me.  I'm not a fan of Chase. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 2 of 38
andre181
Established Contributor

I was able to convert my WaMu to a Chase Freedom. 

It was the least they could do, considering within 2 months of Chase acquiring WaMu, they jacked my interest rate from 12.49% to 24.24% and its still at 24.24% almost 2 years later...

Not a fan of Chase either!

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 3 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@visorboy1974 wrote:

They shut my card down without even telling me.  I'm not a fan of Chase. 

Sorry to learn of your experience. Did they cancel your card after acquiring from WaMu or during your renewal month?

Message 4 of 38
steffiejoe
Contributor

They gave me a Chase Visa then several months later they did a product change to the Slate Visa. My APR is 10.24%.

I never asked for the PC or bother them in anyway. I just took what they gave me. Lately I have been thinking about asking for a PC to the Freedom.

OT-I'm not to happy with their checking account terms or losing my over draft protection. But im a creature of habit so I have not followed up with trying to look for a better checking account .

Your credit score
Source: Equifax Date: April 29, 2015
Message 5 of 38
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Hi, PurpleHaze!  Good to see you!

Chase jacked my interest rate too, bigtime, and slashed my limit by 75%.  I'm in the upper 700's for FICO scores, and have other Chase accounts, too.  PIF monthly.

I went from 8.99% to 22.24%, and from $27k to $6800.  This was not too long after, IN MY OPINION ONLY,  they robbed the WaMu shareholders of their equity, with the cooperation of the feds.

I was hoping they would not renew my card account, but no such luck.  I got a plain ole Chase replacement card with a new expiration date at renewal time.

I sometimes use it to buy a hamburger for my dog at Mickey D's, just to keep it active.  And I get paper statements, too.   Keeps their costs up.

Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Hi, PurpleHaze!  Good to see you!

Chase jacked my interest rate too, bigtime, and slashed my limit by 75%.  I'm in the upper 700's for FICO scores, and have other Chase accounts, too.  PIF monthly.

I went from 8.99% to 22.24%, and from $27k to $6800.  This was not too long after, IN MY OPINION ONLY,  they robbed the WaMu shareholders of their equity, with the cooperation of the feds.

I was hoping they would not renew my card account, but no such luck.  I got a plain ole Chase replacement card with a new expiration date at renewal time.

I sometimes use it to buy a hamburger for my dog at Mickey D's, just to keep it active.  And I get paper statements, too.   Keeps their costs up.

Smiley Happy

Hey there Uborrow-Upay

Glad to be back. I was on the road to recovery and made some severe missteps so I have been gone for awhile trying to nurse my wounds.

I just noticed the renewal date on my card so I am trying to figure out what Chase might do.  I always seem to have the exact opposite actions of others on the board. For example, most people on the board had an APR increase when Chase took over their WaMu Cards - mine did not change. Conversely, I keep getting solicitations from them for a $100 credit to pay down my balance and not use the card (see previous post from last year). So, I am trying to think forward as to what may happen during the month of my renewal. My rate is currently 8.24% percent on the card. They lowered it in error and issued me a credit totaling almost $300 in interest fees due to the APR reduction. I'm thinking I may be on their list.

Message 7 of 38
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@steffiejoe wrote:

They gave me a Chase Visa then several months later they did a product change to the Slate Visa. My APR is 10.24%.

I never asked for the PC or bother them in anyway. I just took what they gave me. Lately I have been thinking about asking for a PC to the Freedom.

OT-I'm not to happy with their checking account terms or losing my over draft protection. But im a creature of habit so I have not followed up with trying to look for a better checking account .

That's what they did with us as well. We now have the Slate. They never asked, but we're OK with it. We don't use the card much at all. We just keep it for it's large CL and date.

Message 8 of 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LynetteM wrote:

@steffiejoe wrote:

That's what they did with us as well. We now have the Slate. They never asked, but we're OK with it. We don't use the card much at all. We just keep it for it's large CL and date.

Hi Lynette  - thanks for your reply. Did you receive the Slate around conversion time or when your card was up for renewal?

Message 9 of 38
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Hi, LynetteM!  This is turning into a reunion of sorts!!

So glad to see you, too!!  Smiley Happy

Carry on...

Message 10 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.