Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fortiva's still kicking around!

tag
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Fortiva's still kicking around!

Recently, I took myself off the mailer pre-screen opt-out, in part so I could assess how my rebuild is going from the outside, non-immediate score-related arenas.  From this view...  not too good!!  

I found a few threads here on MyFico on this bank, but replies had all closed. I would have added this there-- feel free to do so and move it,  Mods, if you would rather have a running tally as opposed to a bunch of disperate threads. 

(All: search "Fortiva" and all you need to know will pop for you.) 

Here are my DPs for your viewing pleasure and future reference: 

Rebuild started 2/2019.  Vantage Score 3 ('cause that's what I was using) about 550 (low of 542 in May after a few apps.) 

recently hit 702 on same:  CK Vantage 3.  

No lates since 11/17 I think, but someone's challenging this notion.  Let's move along... 

UTIL at 40%; was as high as 90+% a year ago.  Yes, some personal loans are now involved.   Should be hitting 30% in 3-6 months. 

9-10 inqs in 2019-- over basically all 3 bureaus. A bunch of approvals (Fingerhut, Cap 1, an auto refi, 2 personal loans.) A couple HP Denials (NFCU CLI early 2019; Mortgage.)   Either way, I'm improving. 

Here's my Fortiva (ahem) "offer": 

$700 SCL

36% APR

AF: $175 first Year; $49 thereafter. 

Account MAINTANANCE FEE $150/yr-- billed $12.50/mo. 

Late/OTL Fee $40.00 

Balance Transfer fee at 3%; same 36% noted; no offer period. 

Issued by Bank of Missouri, St. Robert, MO.  

I think St. Robert's probably the greediest saint I've ever heard of.  :-)  

I'm in Mass, and I'm seriously wondering if this is even legal here. 

Slainte.  

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
1) GARDEN until I app for Mortgage.
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  
3) Don't waste the gifted 0% time on the student loans. 
4) Ultimately, refi the house at non-usury terms. 

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fortiva's still kicking around!

I hope you didn't accept that "offer" 

Message 2 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can call them requesting a lower CL, higher APR, and a higher AF.  Wonder how they'd respond. 

Message 4 of 10
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You can call them requesting a lower CL, higher APR, and a higher AF.  Wonder how they'd respond. 

Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 10
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope you didn't accept that "offer" 

Oh, Angelwingz...  it was as tempting as a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's!!!** 

** I am SEVERELY lactose intolerant. 

:-) 

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  

Message 6 of 10
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Lol!!! Yes, please take more for less!!   PT Barnum's got nothing on these guys.  

Honestly, I read that you could ask for better terms in one or more of those other threads here,  CardNut!  I was intrigued by the notion of talking them down to 17%, no fees, a $6000 SL and a 21 month 0% BT offer....

.... but naw.  Not worth the effort.  St. Robert would probably preach some semblance of superiority anyway!! 

@Anonymous wrote:

2021 goals: 

Message 7 of 10
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Pit-Smoker wrote:

Recently, I took myself off the mailer pre-screen opt-out, in part so I could assess how my rebuild is going from the outside, non-immediate score-related arenas.  From this view...  not too good!!  

I found a few threads here on MyFico on this bank, but replies had all closed. I would have added this there-- feel free to do so and move it,  Mods, if you would rather have a running tally as opposed to a bunch of disperate threads. 

(All: search "Fortiva" and all you need to know will pop for you.) 

Here are my DPs for your viewing pleasure and future reference: 

Rebuild started 2/2019.  Vantage Score 3 ('cause that's what I was using) about 550 (low of 542 in May after a few apps.) 

recently hit 702 on same:  CK Vantage 3.  

No lates since 11/17 I think, but someone's challenging this notion.  Let's move along... 

UTIL at 40%; was as high as 90+% a year ago.  Yes, some personal loans are now involved.   Should be hitting 30% in 3-6 months. 

9-10 inqs in 2019-- over basically all 3 bureaus. A bunch of approvals (Fingerhut, Cap 1, an auto refi, 2 personal loans.) A couple HP Denials (NFCU CLI early 2019; Mortgage.)   Either way, I'm improving. 

Here's my Fortiva (ahem) "offer": 

$700 SCL

36% APR

AF: $175 first Year; $49 thereafter. 

Account MAINTANANCE FEE $150/yr-- billed $12.50/mo. 

Late/OTL Fee $40.00 

Balance Transfer fee at 3%; same 36% noted; no offer period. 

Issued by Bank of Missouri, St. Robert, MO.  

I think St. Robert's probably the greediest saint I've ever heard of.  :-)  

I'm in Mass, and I'm seriously wondering if this is even legal here. 

Slainte.  

They usually offer me a $1K SL. And I thought First Premier was bad. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 8 of 10
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

I noticed Fortiva soft pulled my Equifax report recently. Hopefully, they don't waste their time sending me these offers. You know it's bad when they make First Premier look like a discount bank....

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is worse. I have a bk7 discharged jan 2020 and multiple other credit cards now all with exceptional history but still i got offered today in the mail a Fortiva card with a $350 credit limit 36% interest for purchases and cash advance,  $85 annual fee first year, $39 after, maintenance fee 87 a year (7.25 a month) not billed the first year. Not going to take especially bc I read they won't increase limits so no reason. No benefits of any kind either. 

Scores are very low 600s bc most cards are close to being maxed bc I recently moved across country....but I just accepted the Merrick Bank double your line last week 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.