Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Etiquette

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful -- 2/6/14

@skigirl916 wrote:

Moderators: I'm not sure where to put this, but is there a way to handle harassing, insulting PMs sent by disgruntled posters?

As another user suggested, PM is one of the best routes; we will have the admins look over the PM's (moderators don't have that privelege) and will handle it.

PS for everyone: PM's are recorded just like everything else on the Internet - be smart as TOS violations committed in PM's are still TOS violations and typically merit multiple strikes rather than the standard warning procedures we typically do.

Also thank you to the people who flagged the message with a "Report Inappropriate Content" as well, that's another method for getting our attention. 

--Revelate, myFICO moderator

        
Message 21 of 43
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Friendly, Supportive, and Respectful

There still is a need to call a shovel a shovel when posters repeatedly post about the same issue and repercussions, and keep asking for help while continuing to make the same mistake, thinking it will change the outcome of their situation if they keep asking and complaining
Message 22 of 43
joltdude
Senior Contributor

If your not going to fix the problem, the outcome is not going to change without a lot of time or effort.
Message 23 of 43
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@joltdude wrote:
If your not going to fix the problem, the outcome is not going to change without a lot of time or effort.

Methinks you might need some relaxation time?  No one here knows the ultimate truth, everyone has an opinion.  That's the difference.  People often insult others for what they deeply (and sometimes unknowingly) dislike in themselves.

Signature needs updating
Message 24 of 43
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@joltdude wrote:
There still is a need to call a shovel a shovel when posters repeatedly post about the same issue and repercussions, and keep asking for help while continuing to make the same mistake, thinking it will change the outcome of their situation if they keep asking and complaining

You can still call said proverbial spade a spade without being denigrating or disrespectful.

If you can't, take a break and come back to it later.  Not certain what is going on here frankly with recent posts, but I can assure people it will be addressed... whether by you, or the moderator staff, is utterly up to you.

        
Message 25 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got spanked by saying that someone with very few posts knew alot.

At first I disagreed with the mod but thinking about it, its not really mine to tell ppl
how much they should and shouldn't know based on their posts :-)

I repent.

Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 hail mary's.
Message 27 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
30 hail mary's.

This takes me back...

Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
30 hail mary's.

This takes me back...

That makes two of us

Message 29 of 43
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
30 hail mary's.

This takes me back...

That makes two of us

I'm still there!  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.