Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found citi backdoor number

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Citibank Credit Department

@geepah25 wrote:

I had a freeze on experian after app'ing and got an email from them to call credit at 1-888-201-4523  8a-8p M-F ET

That's just their application status line.

Message 11 of 19
geepah25

listen to all prompts...it is not only apps but credit review...it is option 2 or 3, I spoke with them just today, thanks

Message 12 of 19
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@geepah25 wrote:

listen to all prompts...it is not only apps but credit review...it is option 2 or 3, I spoke with them just today, thanks

I've never known that number to lead to an analyst. In my experience, they are just the people who submit an application into the computer or will tell you it's processing. If it worked for you, that's brilliant.

Message 13 of 19
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

I am going to apply for citi at some point after gardening anothe r6 months or so. I was rejected for a Simplicity card 4 months ago when my scores were significantly lower than in my sig.....

Message 14 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Found citi backdoor number

Those ppl at the *4523 can overturn the decision, they just refuse to.
Citi recon sucks donkeeeee you know what haha.
EO is da bessss way. Good luck! You'll need it for them😁
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 19
brianjb
Contributor

I called 800-7693-9795, and they denied my request.  I applied for the Citi Hilton Honors card.  ALl three of my scores are in the 700's.  Equifaqx is 714, experian is 702 and transunion is 727.  So I tried to call 212-559-1000, but it's a directory.  Who should I talk to there?

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 16 of 19
texasman07
Established Contributor

Can you use this number for CLI request?

Message 17 of 19
Akosua
Established Member

Citi Credit Recon Number is 605 331 7169. I app'd for the Citi simplicity card to take advantage of the 0% apr for 18 months promotion for a purchase. The online app came Bk with an approval of $2500 which is less than I wanted. I called the recon number above and was told they cld only review it after pulling another cr. I agreed. She asked me what limit I wanted. I froze at that point and 7k bcos I was afraid I will be denied. Anyway, got voicemail today saying that my request has been approved for the full 7k limit.
Chase Freedom-3.5K, NY MCU- 500, Chase Sapphire Preferred- 5.7K, Discover IT- 2K, AMEX BCE-6K, Citi simplicity- 7K
Scores: Equifax SW- 719 (Nov 2013)

Message 18 of 19
kotaran1
New Visitor

I was able to remove an entry from Citi on my credit report using this number: 800-215-6061 It's their "probate" division. I was real nice to the lady so I could get as much cooperation as possible and she handled everything for me. Good luck!

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.