Did you mean: 

Found out about CRA Inquiries - Thought I'd Share

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Found out about CRA Inquiries - Thought I'd Share

@Anonymous wrote:

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

So I asked Amex rep. and later verified by asking Chase PB why most of their inquiries are from  Experian.   First, the Amex rep. said they have a contract with all 3 bereaus and when someone applies for a card, a request is sent to all 3 at once.  Amex uses the 1st CRA that gives them a response.  Chase said they do that but if the risk seems greater, they use the 2nd response also for analysis. (brought in a latte for the chatty Chase PB, was all excited and just wanted to talk).

This explaination makes soo much sense.  The banker went on to tell me, if you see a particular bank pulling from 1 CRA, then they are only subscribed to that particular CB.  So I got home and went to the credit pull database.  Barclays uses Transunion even when you go state by state.  Diners club also.  Just interesting..

Interesting insight...

I guess i'm just the lucky loser who gets stuck with Experian all the time.. Smiley Tongue

Nixon, I am in the same boat as you.  All my inquiries are on experian.  Nothing on Transunion and Equifax.  What I forgot to add is it  goes by how many inquiries each agency produces determines how much is paid.  So think about it.  The more inquiries you produces, the more $$$.  Sort of a sales model.  Why not have these 3 suckers compete for $$$.  Which leaves me with another question though that I don't have an answer to.  Say someone is shopping for a car, it always transunion or equifax 90% of the time.  Really weird.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

So I asked Amex rep. and later verified by asking Chase PB why most of their inquiries are from  Experian.   First, the Amex rep. said they have a contract with all 3 bereaus and when someone applies for a card, a request is sent to all 3 at once.  Amex uses the 1st CRA that gives them a response.  Chase said they do that but if the risk seems greater, they use the 2nd response also for analysis. (brought in a latte for the chatty Chase PB, was all excited and just wanted to talk).

This explaination makes soo much sense.  The banker went on to tell me, if you see a particular bank pulling from 1 CRA, then they are only subscribed to that particular CB.  So I got home and went to the credit pull database.  Barclays uses Transunion even when you go state by state.  Diners club also.  Just interesting..

Interesting insight...

I guess i'm just the lucky loser who gets stuck with Experian all the time.. Smiley Tongue

Nixon, I am in the same boat as you.  All my inquiries are on experian.  Nothing on Transunion and Equifax.  What I forgot to add is it  goes by how many inquiries each agency produces determines how much is paid.  So think about it.  The more inquiries you produces, the more $$$.  Sort of a sales model.  Why not have these 3 bereaus compete for $$$.  Which leaves me with another question though that I don't have an answer to.  Say some is shopping for a car, it always transunion or equifax 90% of the time.  Really weird.

Car shopping typically ends with EX/EQ inquiries for me, maybe one or two TU pulls. We were adamant the last time about only pulling one report per bureau.

They held true to their word and we had one triple pull from the dealer, and one EQ pull from Ally Financial who approved us for 0%/72mo on the spot.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

Interesting insight...

Nixon, I am in the same boat as you.  All my inquiries are on experian.  Nothing on Transunion and Equifax.  What I forgot to add is it  goes by how many inquiries each agency produces determines how much is paid.  So think about it.  The more inquiries you produces, the more $$$.  Sort of a sales model.  Why not have these 3 bereaus compete for $$$.  Which leaves me with another question though that I don't have an answer to.  Say some is shopping for a car, it always transunion or equifax 90% of the time.  Really weird.

Car shopping typically ends with EX/EQ inquiries for me, maybe one or two TU pulls. We were adamant the last time about only pulling one report per bureau.

They held true to their word and we had one triple pull from the dealer, and one EQ pull from Ally Financial who approved us for 0%/72mo on the spot.

My cars usually transunion and equifax.  I wonder if it goes by state.  I am in CT.  I guess I just need my inquisitive mind to mind it's own business lol..

Message 13 of 18
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@yesi-ts-me wrote:

it always transunion or equifax 90% of the time.

90% and always are mutually exclusive.  Either it's always (i.e. 100%) or it's 90%.  Where are you pulling this stat from?

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I went car  shopping, EQ was the one that got bombarded for me. I had a few on TU and EX, but the majority were EQ.

Message 15 of 18
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Car financing works exactly like Credit card shopping. Different lenders pull different CRs. 

First your dealer will pull all three for the "Patriot Act" and then the Financing company will pull their own. Few people manage to get away with Dealer pull if they have their own financing.

One example is BMWFS, 99% of the time they pull EX.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Car financing works exactly like Credit card shopping. Different lenders pull different CRs. 

First your dealer will pull all three for the "Patriot Act" and then the Financing company will pull their own. Few people manage to get away with Dealer pull if they have their own financing.

Yep.

They wanted to rate shop us around, but we told them if they couldn't get an approval w/Ally for the 0% to not bother going any further.

Message 17 of 18
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Yep.

They wanted to rate shop us around, but we told them if they couldn't get an approval w/Ally for the 0% to not bother going any further.

Yep. Most times they go crazy with hits for rate shopping.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.