cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud Prevention and WHY I use a Cell Phone as #1 Phone!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Fraud Prevention and WHY I use a Cell Phone as #1 Phone!!

So let me say 1. I LOVE NAVY.

2. I LOVE NAVY!

3.  So today went for eye exam for my partner and shortly later we found ourselves spending over $700 (ouch, was not on the plan for this month, well really this year... we hadn't though about it yet!) Anyway, Swipe Navy Flagship and no issues and I would say less than 10 seconds my cell starts to ring and I look and it's Navy (I save numbers!) and I'm like wonder what she forget... (had spoke with a business rep just like 5 minutes or less earlier about an account completely different) anyway was not a pesron, it was automated system asking for my partner as primary... go through a couple prompts and then asks to verify recent activity, which was our charge for Lens Crafters (click 1 that it's our charge) and says thanks... good bye!

now, not sure what would have happened on next swipe if they had not gotten a hold of us with that automated system to validate the charge but I have my cell linked as #1 number for ALL things for this type of exact reason... but the under 10 second from swipe to call got me laughing a bit... I had visions of me saying no that's not me... and Navy Fraud calling Lens Crafters like STOP THAT PERSON WITH THOSE NEW GLASSES!! haha Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Fraud Prevention and WHY I use a Cell Phone as #1 Phone!!

Message 2 of 3
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fraud Prevention and WHY I use a Cell Phone as #1 Phone!!

Awesome!!!!

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.