Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud on Discover card?

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Fraud on Discover card?

Just logged in to check my account and begining page says my account or card may have been compromised and they are sending out a new card with new number and such. Couldnt freeze account. Im gonna call when i get home to find out more. This is crazy first EQ now Discover?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover hacked?

I just logged in without a problem.
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Just logged in to check my account and begining page says my account or card may have been compromised and they are sending out a new card with new number and such. Couldnt freeze account. Im gonna call when i get home to find out more. This is crazy first EQ now Discover?

I doubt Discover was hacked (my account is fine) but you had suspected fraud on your card and they proactively shut down the card for you which is a good thing.

Message 3 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Irish, hope thats it . Ill update once i verifySmiley Happy
Message 4 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just happened to me today.  Said new card is coming but old card will work for a limited time.

I can't see ANY pending activity or posted activity for this cycle anymore -- do you have that problem as well?

Message 5 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Ok , just got off the phone with Disco, apparently somewhere i used it , cant say where, msy have reported a data breach and Disco proactively closed that account and are issuing a new one. I couldnt freeze that account online even though it will temail closed, she froze it for me anyway Smiley Wink. I had a zero balance and just used it a week ago for$25 so dont know if it was there or somewhere else.

Really appreciate Disco doing that so fast . Abcd2199, not sure about that but ill check again. Sorry guys just wanted to give a heads up to my fellow Discoers in case was a Equihack.
Message 6 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I froze the card just in case since I don't plan to use it anytime soon, EQ has me a little jumpy lately.   
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

moderator should probably remove thread as the headline will likely scare many people.  

Message 8 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

moderator should probably remove thread as the headline will likely scare many people.  

I did go ahead and edit the title as you make a good point.

@AverageJoesCredit Hope you don't mind that I edited your thread subject but any reported hacking does scare a lot of people rihgt now as you are aware

Message 9 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Fraud on Discover card?

Yes, no problem Irish. Thanks. Scares me too lol. Sad to think its first thing to pop in ones head before a fraud use which is bad enough but much easier to deal with credit card wiseSmiley Wink. Gonna do me the rounds on all my cards tonight just to make sure everything is good.

Other thought, should have changed the color of my DiscoSmiley Wink
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.