Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud on chase card.

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Fraud on chase card.

@Anonymous wrote:
It's so weird because my SO had her cards stolen but her CapOne was the only one use but she reported all of them as stolen as was issued new ones.

Ever since then for Chase randomly she gets fraud alerts for the silliest things. Like last week our family ate at Chic Fil A for $23 and we got a text and email asking to confirm the $23 charge I mean we appreciate that they're on top of things but **bleep** $23 couldn't at least do it on a $100+ charge?

As for catching credit thiefs literally the gas station the card was used at was maybe 1/2 mile from the police station they could have easily obtained the video and proceeded but probably figured why go through that trouble no one was injured Smiley Sad

Often thieves will do a small charge first to see if the card works before going for a large purchase.  I believe it was Chase that caught someone doing a fraud on my card with an even smaller gas station purchase.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud on chase card.

No point of calling home depot if it was a fraudulent charge. I saw a pending charge on my United card that i didnt make. The person had made an online purchase. 

Called chase and they said i wasnt responsible for the charge, they were going to do their own investigation and issued me a new card. I'm not worried about making online purchases with my chase card either since I know they're pretty good with fraud prevention. 

I wondered how the person was able to get my card number but I'm guessing that some store I made a purchase at might have got their system hacked or something, dunno. 

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.