Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraud on my credit card yet again its Chase

tag
red259
Super Contributor

Fraud on my credit card yet again its Chase

Once again I had someone steal my chase credit card number and run up about $1500 in charges via paypal. Four different transactions. This triggers a fraud alert on my CSR and I called in right away when alerted. Not sure how much they paid out if any. Transactions still show under pending, but it still pisses me off. Now I am without this card which I needed to use for 3-5 business days while I wait for a replacement. I also went through this with my chase marriott when it was a pretty new account as well. Not sure why I only seem to have this problem with Chase and usually on new accounts. They emailed saying they are going to report to credit agencies that my card has been closed, so I hope the new card does not appear as a new account. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fraud on my credit card yet again its Chase

How old is that account number? Stolen CCs usually don't get slammed for many months but if it's a new card you might be able to remember using it at a restaurant or elsewhere where they took your card away to scan.
Message 2 of 14
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

This has happened to us twice on our USAA cards.

I feel your pain!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
How old is that account number? Stolen CCs usually don't get slammed for many months but if it's a new card you might be able to remember using it at a restaurant or elsewhere where they took your card away to scan.

Nobody took the card as far as I remember. Had the card just under four months. 

;
Message 4 of 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

Once again I had someone steal my chase credit card number and run up about $1500 in charges via paypal. Four different transactions. This triggers a fraud alert on my CSR and I called in right away when alerted. Not sure how much they paid out if any. Transactions still show under pending, but it still pisses me off. Now I am without this card which I needed to use for 3-5 business days while I wait for a replacement. I also went through this with my chase marriott when it was a pretty new account as well. Not sure why I only seem to have this problem with Chase and usually on new accounts. They emailed saying they are going to report to credit agencies that my card has been closed, so I hope the new card does not appear as a new account. 

Don't worry. I've had fraud on several Chase cards, gotten new card numbers, and never had an AAoA ding.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

This exact thing happened with my CSP card this morning. 4 transactions all through paypal.

$1600 to an Eric Bloom
$1190 to Premier travel
$1059 to Prime-MR
$75 yo findsforyou

Chase was on top of it and emailed me right away after they declined all transactions. Sending out a new card next day with a new number. No complaint s here, Chase has out back.
Message 6 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This exact thing happened with my CSP card this morning. 4 transactions all through paypal.

$1600 to an Eric Bloom
$1190 to Premier travel
$1059 to Prime-MR
$75 yo findsforyou

Chase was on top of it and emailed me right away after they declined all transactions. Sending out a new card next day with a new number. No complaint s here, Chase has out back.

Hmm I wonder if chase had a leak or something again. 

;
Message 7 of 14
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

I think my CSP was my most frequently replaced card because of fraudulent charges, its the card I use most at resturants where your card tends ot be out of your site for miniutes at time, long enough for the number to get captured.  Price you pay for 2-3% rewards on resturants. 

and sometimes people just guess the number, this happened with my Fidelity Visa last month, the morning I was heading off to get my interview for TSA-pre,  my phone starts going crazy with text messages, $5,000,  $3,000, $3000, $3000, $3000, I was like wow this is crazy. My card has been locked up in my Sock Drawer in my bedroom for the last 6-9 months,  Hop on the account and saw the charges, I called the number on the back of the card and told them I didn't authorize the charges that were pening, they transfered me to the fraud department, they look at the charges and told me they were all declided, because they got some detail about my account wrong, don't which, but possible the experiration date or the CSV.  They told me they would cancel my current card and send me a new one,  3  days later UPS delivered the new card. 1st class customer service, earlier this week, I got a letter from them saying no additional charges posted on the card and they closed case, and there was nothing I needed to do. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 8 of 14
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

I feel your pain. When I had the CSP, it was the card that constantly got targeted. I think I must have replaced that card 3 or 4 times. I have also had to replace my CSR once already in the 4 months I have had it. Must be something about Chase cards.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

someone keeps trying to open a chase (amazon) account in my name...it has happened twice...both a month a part.  I was notified of the inquiry and called Chase immediately and reported it.  I don't know why this continues to happen.  I was told to change my amazon password.  
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.