cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free FICO Score Provider-Washington Mututal? HSBC?

tag
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

Re: Free FICO Score Provider-Washington Mututal? HSBC?

@MarcinXP wrote:

I have the HSBCs Credit Keeper and I have to say that it's very close to my FICO scores although YMMV. I truly don't know whether the Experian score is FICO or FAKO, but Equifax score is only 1 point away from the FICO on Equifax Score Watch and TU was about the same...I've had it for 6 months and I'm happy with it...overall it's a nice product. I wish they had their Credit Report pulled daily vs. monthly so i can cancel the USAA product as their scores are just jacked up, but it's a nice to have alternative for less than $10 bucks.

They're pretty close to my FICO as well. The price really worthes it, but do you want to squeeze more? Have you tried to call customer retention department. They'll lower your rate further down to $6 or $6.99? That's what happens to my account.

Message 11 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@pastnow123 wrote:

@CreditMuppet wrote:

@pastnow123 wrote:

Wamu is a part of JP Morgan Chase now? So chase is another FICO provider?

Nah, WaMu did offer a Fico score which was inherited from Providian I believe.  Chase destroyed it when it purchased WaMu. Sorry.

How about HSBC?

The WaMu score was a CC-enhanced TU FICO based off of TU98 IIRC. It was also called a PFICO for whatever reason (Providian-FICO?). Anyway, as mentioned, Chase did away with it after their acquisition.

The same exact score was also offered by HSBC/Sears. This was a free CC-enhanced TU FICO. I was about to post the link in here, but I noticed that sometime within the past 2-5 months, they did away with this free score and switched to Vantage. Smiley Mad  Anyway, it offered to select HSBC/Sears customers and meant applying in-store if I recall.

There are others out there I'm sure.

Message 12 of 18
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:

@pastnow123 wrote:

@CreditMuppet wrote:

@pastnow123 wrote:

Wamu is a part of JP Morgan Chase now? So chase is another FICO provider?

Nah, WaMu did offer a Fico score which was inherited from Providian I believe.  Chase destroyed it when it purchased WaMu. Sorry.

How about HSBC?

The WaMu score was a CC-enhanced TU FICO based off of TU98 IIRC. It was also called a PFICO for whatever reason (Providian-FICO?). Anyway, as mentioned, Chase did away with it after their acquisition.

The same exact score was also offered by HSBC/Sears. This was a free CC-enhanced TU FICO. I was about to post the link in here, but I noticed that sometime within the past 2-5 months, they did away with this free score and switched to Vantage. Smiley Mad  Anyway, it offered to select HSBC/Sears customers and meant applying in-store if I recall.

There are others out there I'm sure.

Thanks for the infor. Being customer with HSBC for years but never knows the secret report they're providing. BTW, what's CC-enchanced TU FICO? Is it still a FICO score? Any ccc uses this?

Message 13 of 18
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

There are Classic FICO scores and then there are industry-specific FICOs. Mortgage lenders and many other CC-issuers, especially CUs, will pull a classic FICO. However, some will use a CC-enhanced FICO score in the app process which is just like a a classic FICO, but an added weight is placed on your current and past CC experience. Aside from CC-enhanced (aka bankcard-specific), there are also installment-enhanced, mortgage-enhanced, and auto-enhanced scores. There are a few posts within Credit Cards that demonstrate that a CC-enhanced FICO was used (Discover?) I can't remember. The score range is different, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

Message 14 of 18
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Pastnow123...I will do that tomorrow...I will let them know that while I like their product, I have USAA which I do and it does it for me whenever and I can't justify $9.95 or whatever  month..LOL..thanks

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 15 of 18
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

@llecs wrote:

There are Classic FICO scores and then there are industry-specific FICOs. Mortgage lenders and many other CC-issuers, especially CUs, will pull a classic FICO. However, some will use a CC-enhanced FICO score in the app process which is just like a a classic FICO, but an added weight is placed on your current and past CC experience. Aside from CC-enhanced (aka bankcard-specific), there are also installment-enhanced, mortgage-enhanced, and auto-enhanced scores. There are a few posts within Credit Cards that demonstrate that a CC-enhanced FICO was used (Discover?) I can't remember. The score range is different, but I don't know it off the top of my head.

thanks for explanation. an education for me. really confused why credit score providers and ccc make scores so complex: FICO, vantage, CC enhanced, etc. Why there is not some standardized score every one uses, also can be easy obtained and understood by the score owner? Feel credit scores really become the score providers' money making tool  

Message 16 of 18
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

@MarcinXP wrote:

Thanks Pastnow123...I will do that tomorrow...I will let them know that while I like their product, I have USAA which I do and it does it for me whenever and I can't justify $9.95 or whatever  month..LOL..thanks

NP. Let me know how it goes.

Message 17 of 18
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@pastnow123 wrote:

Just read an article(http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/experian-fico-scores-may-no-longer-be-available-to-consu...) and below is the excerpt:

Some small exceptions
Even if Experian does follow through with its plans, a very select group of consumers would continue to see their Experian-based FICO scores. Fair Isaac says that on a monthly basis, customers of the Pennsylvania State Employees Credit Union will continue to have access to the same Experian FICO scores the lender is using, thanks to a deal the credit union had previously established with Experian. (Other lenders, including Washington Mutual and HSBC, have similar programs with other credit bureaus but not with Experian.) Additionally, customers who are rejected for mortgages based on their lowest FICO scores will be able to see the score used in that decision, which in some cases could be the Experian-based score.

Anyone know if this is still true? And which score is HSBC providing? If this is true, it will make HSBC cards much more valuable than nowSmiley Happy

If you slide down to the bottom of the article, you'll see that this story is from 2009. EX ended their agreement with FICO on Valentine's Day, 2009.

WaMu, of course, has since gone to that Great S&L in the Sky.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.