Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free Gold Amex Card AU for Amex Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Free Gold Amex Card AU for Amex Platinum

Hi everyone,

I am new to myFICO but I am an authorized user for my dad's Amex Plat so I was able to receive a free Amex gold card (3 months old now). However, I do not really use it much and was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to do with it besides canceling. I do have other cards that are all less than 2 years old (Bank of America BBR, C1 QS, Chase Freedom, and just got approved for a Citi TYP which will become a Citi DC in a year). 

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Free Gold Amex Card AU for Amex Platinum

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am new to myFICO but I am an authorized user for my dad's Amex Plat so I was able to receive a free Amex gold card (3 months old now). However, I do not really use it much and was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to do with it besides canceling. I do have other cards that are all less than 2 years old (Bank of America BBR, C1 QS, Chase Freedom, and just got approved for a Citi TYP which will become a Citi DC in a year). 

Thanks

Use it for AMEX offers?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be happy you have all those cards, for one thing.

If you are the primary account holder on the rest of the ones you mentioned, I'd use the gold card for everything I wasn't responsible for paying, and only use the ones solely in my name for debts I must personally repay.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep it around and use it for airfare purchases only since it's free?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.