Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free to app!

tag
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Free to app!

My mortgage is funded my keys are in hand and I am free at last from being examined with a microscope.

I have been gardening for over a year, and my scores have vastly improved. I have a 692 (Ex), 703 (Tu), and 709 (Eq). Lender pulls. 1 open CA on Ex only.

I want to apply for the following:

Discover IT I am preapproved and want to trade in the Credit One card!
Raymour and Flanigan want to do their interest free 3 year financing. This is kind of important. Already have it picked out Smiley Happy
Refinance my auto loan. It is 9%. There is little equity due to how much we drive it but I don't think it is negative. I could save enough here to pay for the furniture almost!

I was thinking I could join a CU for the auto refinance, maybe skip the discover and get a CU card with the same pull. Any recommendations?

I also have a BB card with a BS $500 limit I have been itching to push the luv button on, but not worth a HP. Also would like a Lowes card but with a shiny new prime card with intro 0% APR it is not worth the HP and new account. I need to save something in case I need to finance any home repairs by professionals.

How do you go about an app spree like this? Do all the apps in the same day? Which should I do first?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Free to app!

Apply all at once: who do you bank with? who is mortgage with? who is with truck with currently?

I would look at a Chase Freedom

Discover it

apply for your raymour

lowes

credit union

truck refi

credit union credit card

you can't join navy can you?

maybe nasa if not - you can join a non profit to gain access to them.

Message 2 of 14
Peter1142
Established Contributor

Car is with Toyota, 18 months of on-time payments.

No can't join Navy.

Message 3 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Peter1142 wrote:

Car is with Toyota, 18 months of on-time payments.

No can't join Navy.

perhaps capital one for your car refi then.

Message 4 of 14
Peter1142
Established Contributor

My mortgage is through them (though it is unlikely in their systems yet), and I have good credit history with them. But do they have good rates? Their mortgage rates were rock bottom.

I was actually about to hit their Luv button, it's been 6 months since I called the EO. But my statement is about to cut so waiting...

Message 5 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Peter1142 wrote:

My mortgage is through them (though it is unlikely in their systems yet), and I have good credit history with them. But do they have good rates? Their mortgage rates were rock bottom.

I was actually about to hit their Luv button, it's been 6 months since I called the EO. But my statement is about to cut so waiting...

they can have good rates and you can apply online and have an answer with a rate in about 15 seconds!

Message 6 of 14
Peter1142
Established Contributor

What order should I do them in? Is there any chance I will get unapproved after they see 3 apps in one day?
Message 7 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

DCU is excellent with their auto loans I have to say. I did a refi with them and they did 100% loan of the value of the card at 1.99%. If I did direct deposit it was 1.49%.

PenFed also has a good auto loan program going right now.

You're bound to buy groceries and gas, so I always recommend the Sallie Mae card.

Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
Peter1142
Established Contributor

If there is a CU that will give me a nice 0% intro APR rewards card and a low rate refi with the same HP maybe that's how I should go....
Message 9 of 14
Peter1142
Established Contributor

I just looked at some DCU reviews and I don't want to go through an application that is a process right now. I've had my fill of that for a while. Are all CUs like that?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.