Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom / 0% APR introductory purchases question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Freedom / 0% APR introductory purchases question

I received the Chase Freedom card in July. I was looking at my statement and it says the APR for "Introductory Purchases" is 0%, expiring 11/2015. Does this mean no interest on any purchases made between now and 11/15 or is there an introductory period that I have to make the purchase within that gives me no interest until 11/15? Hopefully I worded that properly and it makes sense. I ask because I might have to cover a deductible for a medical procedure next month. That would be about 90 days after receiving the Freedom, does the 0% intro purchases offer still stand? I was considering apping for a 0% card or maybe Care Credit, but if my Chase Freedom is already giving me 0% I can have it paid off within a year and not add any new INQs.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Freedom / 0% APR introductory purchases question

Chances are it's 0% until 11/2015 but without looking at the paperwork I'm only guessing. It's best to call and find out.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

yes. as you said you werre reading the paper work. if that is what you are reading. that is what it means. in fact. it is well known. that chase freedom is 15 months. zero apr. just like discover is 14 months and 18 months. zero percent. thats why all take advantage. im floating a thou on discover right now . since no interest . will pay off long before then. but ooh well. no problem. with using their money instead of my own. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I just wasn't sure if there was an introductory period. For example, the wording on Chase Slate says, "pay no balance transfer fee within the first 60 days from account opening."

I didn't know if it was something like 0% until 11/2015 on purchases made within XX days. Sounds like I'm overthinking it. 

Message 4 of 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

Got you. as they are saying exactly that. your purchases are good for 15 months. but if you transfer balances from other cards. you got  days to do it with out a fee.

Exammple discover gave me 14 months no apr on purdhases and 14 months zero apr on balance transfer. 3 percent transfer fee of total.

i transfered 800 from other cards. which cost me 24 dollars to do. but i don't have to pay interest on any of that. now my other cards are at 0. and i can float it a while. the 24 dollars i paid. is much cheaper than the interest charges. so in fact im saving a lot and don't have to pay it for a year. out standing.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.