cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom CLI on Recon; Approved for CSP earlier this week.

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Freedom CLI on Recon; Approved for CSP earlier this week.

I just wanted to do another shout out for Chase.  After receiving a CSP for $5000 on recon earlier this week, I decided to try my luck with the executive offices for a CLI.  Apparently, they do not handle CLIs, however, they spoke to the CLI department and advised that I might need to be transferred back for a recon.  I was very upset that they do a HP for each separate request, but I was assurred that they would in all likelihood be able to recon a CLI since I'd been granted a CSP earlier this week.

They asked how much I wanted; I asked for $7500, knowing my highest card right now is Home Depot at $7200.  I was bumped to pending, send back to recon, and after answering a few questions (primary reason for wanting new card, how long at job, rent or own, how much is my mortgage payment ) I was put on hold for 3 minutes and Bruce came back and stated that I was apprioved for $7500!  I have to be honest here and say that my first thought was that I should have asked for more, but then I thought, why the heck would I ever need more than the amount I have been given this week?!? Considering that my Chase was $1,000 for YEARS and was only just recently increased by $500 to $1500, I think I did pretty well. ( But it did cross my mind that I should have gone for $10,000!)

I also wanted to mention that the CLI department wanted my entire household income, which was very odd to me, because the recon department had stated earlier in the week that they wanted only MY income.   

Anyway, I am posting because this board has been a great source of information for me while I was deciding whether to pull the trigger.   I am upset that they had to do TWO pulls, but since I app once every two years or so, I figured they are close together, and so I am semi ok with it.  Really, that is the only issue O have with Chase; they are a bit rigid about their pulls.  They also don't budge much on their APR policies...they review every six months and decide from there.  

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: Freedom CLI on Recon; Approved for CSP earlier this week.

Congratulations!!  I'm guessing you already have a Chase checking account so you get the extra cash benefits?  I think it's referred to as the 10/10 (or something like that?).

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 2 of 5
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

That's awesome...congrats!!!

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 3 of 5
irving_magik
Regular Contributor

Very very nice, that's a great combo.

Fico Scores: TU 700 (10/12/2016) EQ 729 (10/01/2016) EX 713 (10/01/16)

AMEX BCP $25,000 (opened 09/2012) - Citi TYP $12,000 (opened 12/2012) Chase Sapphire Preffered $6000 (opened 09/2012)
Message 4 of 5
Mumford1310
Established Member

I love Chase! Congrats. I'm going to app for that CSP in April 2013.

Starting Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Current Score: EQ 656 EXP696 TU 677
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.