Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom CLI ?

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Freedom CLI ?

I was approved for a Chase Freedom Saturday with an initial CL of $4500.

IS it wise to request a CLI now or on activation since it's still fresh?

Trying ot see if they woulc match my Discover's CL

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: Freedom CLI ?

You could always ask if they can recon without another hard pull! If they need to do a hard, I wouldn't try.

Message 2 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

You could always ask if they can recon without another hard pull! If they need to do a hard, I wouldn't try.

Ok just tried and CSR said it would be another HP. I declined.

Does chase always do a HP for CLI?

Message 3 of 15
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@scientifics wrote:

Ok just tried and CSR said it would be another HP. I declined.

Does chase always do a HP for CLI?

From what I remember of them, that tends to be the rule. It was also what they said on the phone last time I asked details.

I don't recall seeing a "request CLI" button on their page either lately (though I never look for it and the page is a bit odd).
They used to do auto CLI's though a few years ago.  I'm gonna guess that in 6 months they'll review and notice your DM 6500 (hehehe YEE HAA) and probably match it anyway (I'm gonna cross my fingers that my new NFCU does that).

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

In about 50 days, my BCE will be due for a CLI (I'm using the 61 day upon activation rule)

So we'll see in I get one; although I will request the 3X, hopfully they either give me the 3X or counter. I dont have any card with 5 digits CL.

Message 5 of 15
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

You might be surprised on what Amex will do for you at 61 days. I did my request via the automated line, was told the max that could be approved this was way $25,000. I started with a $10k line, asked for the full $25k, and they countered back with $22,200. I accepted that.

Now, I do have my cards back-dated to 1979 and I am not sure if that makes a difference or not, it might.

I think long enough now that I can try again and ask for $25k so I will do that soon.

Ray

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 6 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

You might be surprised on what Amex will do for you at 61 days. I did my request via the automated line, was told the max that could be approved this was way $25,000. I started with a $10k line, asked for the full $25k, and they countered back with $22,200. I accepted that.

Now, I do have my cards back-dated to 1979 and I am not sure if that makes a difference or not, it might.

I think long enough now that I can try again and ask for $25k so I will do that soon.

Ray

You did the 61 day CLI request also?

That's stange that they didnt give you the full 25K, what's $3k more in the scheme of things?

But the 1979 is helping you a lot. Mine only backdates to 2001.

Message 7 of 15
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

Yep - 61 days...

I also thought a bit strange on the counter but just accepted it. I will try again to get it to $25k. I feel good that will be no problem.

If we decide to renew the Costco Membership, I will get one of those cards again too. That card is cool looking. I do not need it though and may hold off. I have told myself that I will not app in 2012 - except for a car. I have more that I can manage right now!

I also think the Zync will go away when it is time for renew. I have my daughter (in college) as an AU on that card in order to help her build with Amex. After she has had it for 6 months, we will try and get her own card with them for her.

It's funny. I really like that Zync card! Not sure why, but I do. I have put quite a bit of money through it and I do use the points for everyday purchases. I got a Gold card late last summer and closed it as I just could not justify two charge cards. I never have any problems with the Zync, it has never been declined. And, if I "Check my Spend Ability" on the Amex website, it will approve me for $25k now. So why would I need more???

Ray

Ray

Message 8 of 15
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

Yep - 61 days...

I also thought a bit strange on the counter but just accepted it. I will try again to get it to $25k. I feel good that will be no problem.

If we decide to renew the Costco Membership, I will get one of those cards again too. That card is cool looking. I do not need it though and may hold off. I have told myself that I will not app in 2012 - except for a car. I have more that I can manage right now!

I also think the Zync will go away when it is time for renew. I have my daughter (in college) as an AU on that card in order to help her build with Amex. After she has had it for 6 months, we will try and get her own card with them for her.

It's funny. I really like that Zync card! Not sure why, but I do. I have put quite a bit of money through it and I do use the points for everyday purchases. I got a Gold card late last summer and closed it as I just could not justify two charge cards. I never have any problems with the Zync, it has never been declined. And, if I "Check my Spend Ability" on the Amex website, it will approve me for $25k now. So why would I need more???

Ray

I'm counting on the 61 day CLI.

That's one card I would have liked but the closest Costco is about 1 hour from me so I shop at BJ's more.

I have the Platinum also and use it for work travels;you cant beat the conceirge and the VIP lounges, they come in very handy. Even if I get a CLI to $8k on the BCE, I think I will still keep the Platinum for the travel benefits. I just recently had a long trip and stopped at 3 airports. Used the VIP lounges to relax while waiting fo the next flight. I was wondering how I could have lived without this card lol

Like you said, the Zync is a handsome card. I have had people ask me what type of AMEX it is.

When you call for CLI, see how much they can get you up to. Ask for $30k. But i fear this might trigger an FR?

Message 9 of 15
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

I will just use the automated system... Honestly, I do not even need the CLI, but $25k is a nice, easy number!  Smiley Very Happy

As for a FR, I am not worried about this. If I were to ever be subject to a FR, I'd send them what they wanted. Contrary to what some good people here say, I really do not care. When I applied and was accepted with PenFed and PSECU, I sent them copies of 2010 tax returns as well as two paystubs for both my Wife and myself. Why not hammer them with information up front? In both cases, $20k approved with each of them. PenFed Visa and PSECU Visa / Signature line.

Since we do not travel much, I can't justify a Plat card with them, but since you do, I think your taking advantage of those perks is for sure the way to go!

Ray

Ray

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.