Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom or zync

tag
qc-ttns
Established Member

Re: Freedom or zync

Okay so chase is better but which would be the one that I would most likely get approved for

Starting Score: 579
Current Score: 713
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 18
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Do you keep a decent amount of money in you're checking? How is the history of your checking account. If you're account is always in good standing, and you have a decent balance(the closer to $10k or more the better, or even $5k) then you stand a good chance.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 12 of 18
qc-ttns
Established Member

bichonmom

i was going to deff listen to you and garden untill i stoped at chase to cash a check and they told me i was preaproved for a freedom, with a 10,000 point bonus plus the 100 dollar bonus if i spend $500.

very low limit (300) what would be the best thing to say when i call to recon? and when should i call?

Starting Score: 579
Current Score: 713
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 18
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@qc-ttns wrote:

bichonmom

i was going to deff listen to you and garden untill i stoped at chase to cash a check and they told me i was preaproved for a freedom, with a 10,000 point bonus plus the 100 dollar bonus if i spend $500.

very low limit (300) what would be the best thing to say when i call to recon? and when should i call?

A $300 limit Chase credit card?????? Mind. Blown.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 14 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@qc-ttns wrote:

bichonmom

IME, Chase doesn't recon CLs. I suppose it couldn't hurt, but when I was approved for $3k in April, I called back to see if they would raise it, and they said no. What they approved me for is all that I qualified for. And I haven't really read CLI recon posts here for Chase, like there are for Barclay's. But you've already taken the HP, so you may as well give it a shot, I suppose.

I figured you'd get a really low limit if you were approved, which is why I had suggested waiting. If you use it a little each month and PIF, you should be able to get a CLI in 6 mos. You might want to PIF before the stmt cuts because with a $300  CL, any balance reporting is going to lower your FICO a lot. When I let a $200 balance report on my $500 Cap One, my FICO dropped over 20 pts. It comes back after it reports as a zero bal. But still, your FICO is lower until the following month.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 18
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

@qc-ttns wrote:

bichonmom

Chase is stupid and will force another HP for a CLI. They pulled me twice, once for approval and another CLI request just 7 hours later. One of the dumbest things ive heard of.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since Chase and Amex pull from two different CRA, why not apply for both. It looks like you have enough history for both cards.

I believe Chase pulls TU or EQ and Amex always pulls EX. If you don't like the limit Chase gives you then wait 6 months and apply for a CLI. Yes, it is a HP but if you want it you gotta pay. I do believe having a Chase checking or savings account does help your chance at approval.

Now by doing this, your inquiries will age off at the same time (2yrs, but they stop hurting your score after one year) and you get to build a relationship with both banks. Which later on can lead to some great approvals.

Just my $0.02

Good Luck
Message 17 of 18
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Since Chase and Amex pull from two different CRA, why not apply for both. It looks like you have enough history for both cards.

I believe Chase pulls TU or EQ and Amex always pulls EX. If you don't like the limit Chase gives you then wait 6 months and apply for a CLI. Yes, it is a HP but if you want it you gotta pay. I do believe having a Chase checking or savings account does help your chance at approval.

Now by doing this, your inquiries will age off at the same time (2yrs, but they stop hurting your score after one year) and you get to build a relationship with both banks. Which later on can lead to some great approvals.

Just my $0.02

Good Luck

Chase says they will pull a random CRB, but from experience and from what I've seen, it varies by state. In MA, they almost alwasy pull EX it seems. AMEX on the other hand will almost always pull EX no matter where you are, but sometimes will pull additional reports from other CRBs.

Having a checking account in good standing most def. helps. They told me back in Feb. the most credit they can extend me was $500, but after some work they gave me $750. Since Feb i've opened a checking account with them and opened a Discover(not reporting but I told them my CL is $3500), and 2 student loans started reporting. I called the Chase's executive office last Friday for a CLI, after giving them some basic info and a few hours, they raised my CL to $4000 on a SP. The way I saw it was that my portfolio didn't really get any stronger because now I have more debt reporting. But they were willing to extend more credit to me because I am now a customer.

Congrats on the approval by the way! Use the card wisely and call the executive office in 6 months and ask for a SP CLI.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.