Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freedom to Slate PC

tag
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Freedom to Slate PC

Any problems going from Freedom to Slate? Can a PC be done over SM or do I need to call in? Thanks!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Floyduda
New Contributor

Re: Freedom to Slate PC

I believe you can't PC until the account is a year old.

Message 2 of 9
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

It’s about 12 years old 😆
Message 3 of 9
Floyduda
New Contributor

Looks like that won't hold you back. Send them a message and see what they say, good luck....

Message 4 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

No problem at all doing a product change and it can be done by SM, but do you mind if I ask why you would want to? Other than the initial no-fee balance transfer offer, Slate doesn't really have anything going for it at all since there are zero rewards.

Message 5 of 9
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

It’s a second Freedom card and I don’t max out the 5% categories on the first one ever so I thought I’d at least get a free FICO score out of it 😬
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I PCed a Slate to a freedom. Like K said. The free balance transfer at 0% shouldn’t apply. 

Message 7 of 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Fair enough. Do you already have a Freedom Unlimited as well? The score is the standard EX 08 one that you can get for free at creditscorecard.com and provided monthly by Amex if you have an account with them. Alternately, would combining the two Freedom cards into one make sense for you?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

As another suggested, I would combine both Freedoms. Keep the oldest one and you get to transfer all but $500 from the second oldest one. Free credit scores can be found on many sites. Slate is a teenager card.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.