Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with CiTi credit card...

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Frustrated with CiTi credit card...

So made some purchases on my TYP card and minimum payment is due on 8/16 ( still showing 0 on amount to be paid..) but I am still not able to pay off my balance online...anyone know when can I pay my balance? I keep getting the stupid error message " amount can't be higher then previous balance"..

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Frustrated with CiTi credit card...

Message 2 of 14
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:
So made some purchases on my TYP card and minimum payment is due on 8/16 ( still showing 0 on amount to be paid..) but I am still not able to pay off my balance online...anyone know when can I pay my balance? I keep getting the stupid error message " amount can't be higher then previous balance"..

Your statement is probably closing 8/17 or 8/18. It won't let you make a payment until they actually post to the account. They are likely still pending and won't post for a day or two after making the purchases. I would either push it through your banks bill pay, or just stop using the card a few days before statement cut date if you are trying to PIF and make a payment using their system online.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 3 of 14
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

When is you statement due? If it posts before cut off date then just quick pay it so payment will post before gen of new statement Smiley Happy ymmv

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Citi doesn't let you make any online payments if your current balance is zero.  Once your charges post, Citi allows you to make online payments up through midnight.  Others have mentioned a better option like pushing a payment through your bank's online bill pay - easy as pie... no need to let a system message heighten your frustration.

Message 5 of 14
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

My current balance is 329.45 and it has posted already for like 2 week already... Yet the minimum payment is still showing $0.00 amount owe and it's due on 8/16....

Garden mode

Message 6 of 14
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

I am guessing you don't have a banking relationship with them.  Did you try calling CSR to see if they can do it manually?

Message 7 of 14
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Does having a CC with them consider as banking relationship? And not to be mean/racist but I can't really understand those CSR...

Garden mode

Message 8 of 14
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:
My current balance is 329.45 and it has posted already for like 2 week already... Yet the minimum payment is still showing $0.00 amount owe and it's due on 8/16....

If the minimum payment shows $0.00, AFAICT it's from the previous statement. Otherwise it doesn't make any sense what they're trying to do.

Message 9 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:
Does having a CC with them consider as banking relationship? And not to be mean/racist but I can't really understand those CSR...

No, need to have a checking/savings account etc.   But as everyone has said, pushing from your bank's bill pay is the way to go, to get round any limits on the issuer's web site  (e.g. FIA limits the number of payments you can make online a month, pushes from banks don't count towards the limit)

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.