Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrated with Citi

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Frustrated with Citi

@Callandra wrote:

I'm not trying to be rude but your profile just doesn't support the CLI right now. Credit limits are determined by credit profile and income (and usage to an extent); if Citi doesn't feel like you meet their requirements, then you're sort of stuck. I suggest just gardening for 6-12 months and then trying again. I also agree with stopping with the CLI button -- it might be flagging your account internally.  

+1

Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sharingan wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@icyhot wrote:

@noobody wrote:
Citi did op a big favor by refuse HP his report on CLI request.

He/she should be grateful to be approved with boardline CS and gardening to improve his/her file.

Wait, grateful to be approved, for a 5 year old card? That ships sailed no? lol and I get gardening. At this point I can only improve my AAOA.....but 700+ is borderline? Well I'll be darned.

Well, there's always that option that's been mentioned upthread.  You can part ways and be done with that card.  Keep in mind, Citi also bases their CLI on internal behavioral scoring (not just your external FICO).  Plus, if you've recently opened several cards within the last ~6 months or so then all you can do is be patient or just call it deuces.  Not every lender or product will work for everyone.

Although of course the decision to close should be weighed carefully since the Forward can't be re-obtained, it seems OP is geniuinely unhappy with the card overall (and has said so in the past too).

So I do think gardening is the way to go but also if the card just isn't doing it for you then just move on.

I fully agree. It does appear as though the Forward isn't quite a good fit for the OP anymore based on previous posts; and although many would consider it an act of irreverence in the case of the Citi Forward, I truly believe, from a pragmatic perspective, that people should not saddle themselves with products that cause vexation. Regardless, if the OP is firm in keeping the card, then I would agree with sentiments from earlier posts suggesting patience and "gardening." I would further suggest not arguing with analysts either. Citi's employees aren't going to give into your demands when they conflict with established guidelines and procedures. 

+1

Message 22 of 25
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

It is up to you to close the card but if the only reason is the missing CLI then I would say keep it and be patient.  Lack of credit history is not only the respective Citi card but all cards and this also means the new aquisitions. Also as others mentioned your score is a bit low to expect large CLIs and therefore I would suggest work on getting your score up and then go ask for CLIs with Citi.  For me Citi was the most generous with SP CLIs and each CLI attempt was honored but I never asked for a CLI until the newest account was at least  6 months old and I made sure to wait until inquiries were gone or  with max 1-2 inquries.  Citis bankcard enhanced Fico was 800+ and no baddies. My Double Cash has grown very nicely.  So I really would suggest to be patient and work on getting your scores up and then Citi can become your friend. Smiley Happy

Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
@Anonymous @ 700 being borderline for rewards cards. Trust me I wasn't trying to argue with the lady, just wanted a real solution that fit my situation instead of some roundabout answer that they give everyone. A lot of these CCC employees think the genpop of their consumers aren't as savvy and will tell you anything if you let them. I have talked about unhappiness with the Forward in the past, but I think if it's just a matter of waiting and letting my accounts age, why give up on my oldest card?

I'd say just keep the card and SD it. Let it age. Buy something with it every now and then. Unless you're worried about fraud or have a gazillion cards like some people here do, I wouldn't worry about it

Message 24 of 25
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@icyhot wrote:
@Anonymous @ 700 being borderline for rewards cards. Trust me I wasn't trying to argue with the lady, just wanted a real solution that fit my situation instead of some roundabout answer that they give everyone. A lot of these CCC employees think the genpop of their consumers aren't as savvy and will tell you anything if you let them. I have talked about unhappiness with the Forward in the past, but I think if it's just a matter of waiting and letting my accounts age, why give up on my oldest card?

I'd say just keep the card and SD it. Let it age. Buy something with it every now and then. Unless you're worried about fraud or have a gazillion cards like some people here do, I wouldn't worry about it

If you SD your card then don't be surprised if Citi does not grant auto CLIs .... use the card normally as you would with a higher limit card.  The only restriction of a lower limit card is the single transaction has to be withing the CL otherwise the card can be used almost the same way by paying off during the cycle. There is no other restriction with a lower limit card. I have done this with my Discover IT for 18 months before it started to grow. Chances of a CLI with a card that you have been using regularly are much better than with a SD card.  Age alone will not grant CLIs. Just my 2 cents.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.