Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frys

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Frys

Did any one apply for the frys credit card? What is your experience with this card?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Frys

@Red1Blue wrote:
Did any one apply for the frys credit card? What is your experience with this card?

The credit card is issued by First Electronic Bank, Draper, UT.  It seems to be owned by Fry's.  The BBB of Utah and the rip-off report have unsatisfactory ratings for the Bank.  There have also been other threads on this forum where the Bank was discussed in a negative manner.

BTW. I did apply for this card in store several years ago when my credit was in mid-600s.  Got decline letter, without any specific reason, and stating that I would have to write them a letter if I desired a statement of specific reasons why the application was denied.  The fact that they don't extend the courtesy of explaining their reasons in the denial letter and making me send a letter requesting the information is indicative  of a "no class" bank.

Personally, I'd buy electronics at Fry's and use a credit card from a "real" bank or cu.

Message Edited by illtakecreditforthat on 10-10-2009 08:49 PM
Message Edited by illtakecreditforthat on 10-10-2009 08:50 PM
Message 2 of 6
pattycake
Established Contributor

I used to work in law enforcement/consumer protection, and this was indeed an oft-mentioned credit issuer.  I'd recommend you use another CC for a purchase at Fry's.  They are an excellent electronics store (I used to spend Saturday evenings there - LOVED it!), but their credit products leave little to be desired.  
pattycake's FICOs: 6/2/10 - TU: 708; EX: ???; EQ: 749
Message 3 of 6
sunshine7624
New Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

I got an in-store approval today for $3000.  My Credit Karma score is 643 and I have 30 inquires Smiley Happy Not sure yet who they pulled nor to which bureas they report.  

Message 4 of 6
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

I worked at a Fry's as a cashier for a summer and I was unfortunately good at getting customers to sign up for a card.. It's not that great of a card. This was ~4 years ago but I remember interest free only applies to some items in the store and the interest rate was usually around 28%! YMMV

QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 5 of 6
sunshine7624
New Contributor

Well it's a $3000 unsecured tradeline with no annual fee and they didn't get me to sign up, I asked them about applying for the card.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.