Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun story for those serious about starting over

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fun story for those serious about starting over

I was hiking On Mt. Charleston today and taking zillions of pictures like I love to do. My 3 year old digital SLR camera has had it; the guts are dust saturated.
I have a 10 day trip through the Rockies coming up; a 30 year dream being realized...but my good camera is toast. Coming off the mountain I go to Ritz Camera to drool over a camera and lense I've been stuying but can't afford before this trip. Lady says "0% interest for 10 months if you qualify." We've all heard that before and hopefully know better by now but ya know what! I make decent money and I can pay this easy enough. I have photography, backpacking and motorcycling for hobbies that's what its been forever for me. I have what I want and need very little to keep the overhead up. I also owe very little. "Go ahead. Let's see what they say" I tell the girl.

$4500.00

I got a $4500 line with Ritz/Wolf Camera for an $1000 purchase. I gave the girl $500 cash and put the rest on the new account.
I have a great deal of Camera equipment and I don't need a bunch of stuff but this Trade Line just increased my available credit limit by 164%. It will also let me use two regular cards and stay using less than 50% of my accounts at any given time.
Now, I've got some seriously young credit but all I'll ever need is one more prime account and to loose the Orchard.
There is hope for us who are really trying to do right and rebuild.

Message Edited by beenthere on 05-11-2008 08:06 PM
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Marvintran
Regular Contributor

Re: Fun story for those serious about starting over

Congrats Beenthere.
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also a camera nut myself, so the obvious questions.....LOL. Is this an in-house LOC , store card or branded CC? Who did they pull and are they BK friendly? EDIT _ Looks like Bill Me Later is the only option on the website and I can't find credit pull info anywhere.

Message Edited by contractor on 05-11-2008 08:33 PM
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

5 years and some months ago I filed CH7.
This is an unbranded store card.
I was told they pulled Experian.
Message 4 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Been (can I call you Been?), good stuff. I may have to mosey over to the mall and chat with them. I've been jonesin' for a new DSLR body.
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pentax K100d Super $350. This is my new backpacking camera. Great buy.

contractor wrote:
Thanks Been (can I call you Been?), good stuff. I may have to mosey over to the mall and chat with them. I've been jonesin' for a new DSLR body.

Message 6 of 31
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You do realize, don't you, that you're going to have to take a killer photo with this new camera and post it here? Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

That IS a good price and I agree, you should post some pix from your shoot. Enjoy.
Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd be honored. I've posted many photographs on the internet, how is it done here?

haulingthescoreup wrote:
You do realize, don't you, that you're going to have to take a killer photo with this new camera and post it here? Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 31
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval. It feels good knowing I can finally get approved for specials like this now, instead of walking away horribly embarrassed like I would before.
Here we go again...
Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.