Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun story for those serious about starting over

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Fun story for those serious about starting over

I've got 3 store cards now. I'm hoping Target will turn into a Visa.

FretlessMayhem wrote:
Congrats on the approval. It feels good knowing I can finally get approved for specials like this now, instead of walking away horribly embarrassed like I would before.

Message 11 of 31
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

You can kind of cheat a little bit to see when they are reviewing you if you back door your EX report and check out the soft inquiries, in case you didn't know that.
Here we go again...
Message 12 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cool. B of A turned me down for anything the other day so I have a free experian coming.
Message 13 of 31
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Cool. B of A turned me down for anything the other day so I have a free experian coming.

You can check it out online for free without having to order one by snail mail if you are declined for something. www.experian.com/reportaccess
Here we go again...
Message 14 of 31
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:
Congrats on the approval. It feels good knowing I can finally get approved for specials like this now, instead of walking away horribly embarrassed like I would before.

HAHAHAHAH... yah... that embarrassed part made me giggle... OMG how many times have we had to shy away from those tables and politely decline sales people's enticements of "Zero.... payments......" feeling so small, but not trying to feel small?

I tell you, going from being allowed to set my own credit limits to being declined by WALMART.... does something to the esteem, at least to mine for years!  Now when the offer is presented to me, I just say, "nah, ,,,I was declined by your guys last week.  But thanks!"  And I keep it moving!  Taking some of that power away from embarrassment!  Smiley Very Happy

And cograts to you BEEN!~
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 15 of 31
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
You do realize, don't you, that you're going to have to take a killer photo with this new camera and post it here? Smiley Very Happy

I'd be honored. I've posted many photographs on the internet, how is it done here?

A member here told me about imageshack.us. It's the only way I've ever done it, so I cling to it! Smiley Happy

Save your image to Pictures, go to imageshack and click "browse", and pick the image you want. Once the address appears in the browse window, click the "host it!" button. On the next page, scroll down near the bottom and select the window that says "Hotlink for websites." Mine always begin with the < a command. Highlight that address, copy/paste it into your post, and click preview post to make sure that something is actually there.

It's kind of a clicky-clicky method, but it does work. I'm sure that there is something infinitely smoother, but as I said, I've learned this one, and I'm not giving it up. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 31
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Great JOb... I just LOVE this site... I have learned so much. I actually have been wanting to get an RV for the big ole family.. I can afford it... well they checked my EQ not my EX like they said they would and offered me this HORRENDOUS subprime rate and TERMS... I told them to shove it... if they had check the report that they told me they would I wouldnt have wasted either of our time...
A few years ago I would have accepted the subprime offer becaue I can do the payments... I just like the terms of the prime one better... I would rather garden the sell my soul again!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 17 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lets try this.............

For you Hauling!
BTW, I can show you a much simpler way next time you want to post here.

Message Edited by beenthere on 05-12-2008 06:36 PM
Message 18 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awsum
Message 19 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

contractor wrote:
Awsum

My hood.
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.