Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fun with Credit Karma

tag
dalleanne
New Contributor

Re: Fun with Credit Karma

That's exactly what I thought, Revelate. creditkarma has access to everyone's credit profile at the time when a new credit card starts reporting so they would be able to calculate your approval odds just by knowing what info is in your report.

I look at it to compare credit limits from various cards, it shows what someone in my age bracket is likely to get, plus you can guess which cards are generous with limits..
Message 21 of 27
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I have a poor shot at AMEX Plat, BCE, Freedom, average crap1, and TY Pref... Glad I ignored credit karma

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 22 of 27
ceemee2203
Regular Contributor

Sorry to bump this, but I thought it was funny to see when I logged back in today that I no longer have any cards withh Poor Approval Odds. So far, nothing has changed with my CR since I last checked CK.

LOL, and now that I've refreshed my report (still no changes) there are cards with poor odds again. (I refreshed my report yesterday and then again just now.)

Current Cards: AMEX Everyday ($15k), AMEX BCE ($20k), Amex Platinum, Arrival ($11.5k), Merrill+ ($7.5k), Freedom ($5k), Double Cash ($6.5k)

2/16 - 864 Fico EQ (CITI); 818 Fico Ex (AMEX)
Message 23 of 27
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@ceemee2203 wrote:

Sorry to bump this, but I thought it was funny to see when I logged back in today that I no longer have any cards withh Poor Approval Odds. So far, nothing has changed with my CR since I last checked CK.

LOL, and now that I've refreshed my report (still no changes) there are cards with poor odds again. (I refreshed my report yesterday and then again just now.)

LOL CK is a funny but cool free tool to use. I dropped like 15 points because I reported a $280 balance on one of my cards. But my overall utlization is at 3%. It also dropped one point because an inquiry fell off. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 24 of 27
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

Where are you guys going to see your approvals odds? I've yet to see it.

AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 25 of 27
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@WallyxD wrote:

Its right when you log in under credit cards

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 26 of 27
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@WallyxD wrote:

When you log in go to the "Credit Cards". Then go to "Search All Credit Cards". Finally, on the left side you can click on "Approval Odds" and check/uncheck the different options you are looking for and as you do this the different results appear to the right. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.