cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funniest Story of CC's First Impression??

tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Funniest Story of CC's First Impression??

@CreditScholar wrote:

@CEOriginal wrote:

So I used to pay cash for EVERYTHING until I found this site, and it changed my financial perspective on alot.

Anyway, I haven't been out to a crowded bar/club since I received my first AMEX card last month. Last night, a couple of my buddies and I went out on the town to a few clubs (hey, I'm 26!). At one, there was a particularly long wait for drinks at the bar, and I was behind aLOT of people. Everyone was waiving cash at the bartender, so I figured I would show some form of payment to get his attention! (By the way, male bartenders tend to serve the girls first, for obvious reasons lol). So out comes the AMEX and I'm reaching over people trying to get his attention. I guess the gold glitter caught the light a certain way, because he looks at me, reaches over people in front of me, and takes my order! BAM! Time is money, so maybe this crazy $175 AF will pay for itself in a variety of ways!! LOL

This got me thinking, I wonder what some of your funniest/craziest/weirdest stories are after people caught of peep of one of your handsomely-dressed credit cards?? Because, let's face it, everyone is just a little bit materialistic. 

Maybe the bartender was gay and thought you were cute? Smiley Happy

@LMAO @ CreditScholar.... One may just never know...  :-)

Message 11 of 53
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Hahahahahahahahha you guys are too much

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 12 of 53
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@CEOriginal wrote:

So I used to pay cash for EVERYTHING until I found this site, and it changed my financial perspective on alot.

Anyway, I haven't been out to a crowded bar/club since I received my first AMEX card last month. Last night, a couple of my buddies and I went out on the town to a few clubs (hey, I'm 26!). At one, there was a particularly long wait for drinks at the bar, and I was behind aLOT of people. Everyone was waiving cash at the bartender, so I figured I would show some form of payment to get his attention! (By the way, male bartenders tend to serve the girls first, for obvious reasons lol). So out comes the AMEX and I'm reaching over people trying to get his attention. I guess the gold glitter caught the light a certain way, because he looks at me, reaches over people in front of me, and takes my order! BAM! Time is money, so maybe this crazy $175 AF will pay for itself in a variety of ways!! LOL

This got me thinking, I wonder what some of your funniest/craziest/weirdest stories are after people caught of peep of one of your handsomely-dressed credit cards?? Because, let's face it, everyone is just a little bit materialistic. 

I was at a Guns n' Roses concert a few months ago, and I decided to hop out of my seat to buy something to eat. I ended up at the register with a hotdog, fries, coke, and the most annoying checkout chick ever. I handed her my Ritz card and the conversation went something like this:

Her: Whoa, this is REALLY heavy. I've never seen one of these before. Is it an Amex?

Me: No, it's a Visa.

Her: Are you sure it isn't an Amex?

Me: No, I'm pretty sure it's a Visa. It says Visa on the card there.

Her: Oh... ok. So well... what do you do?

Me: What do I do? (I knew where this was headed but tried to play dumb for a bit)

Her: You know, like for a living. I'll bet it's something really cool, isn't it?

So I'm looking at her thinking the following:

1. B*tch, you don't even know me and you're asking these kinds of questions? Really? Talk about being too forward.

2. You have trouble written all over you. You're the kind of chick my father taught me since I was 3 to avoid like the plague.

3. You have WAY too much makeup caked all over your face, plus the hair extensions, etc. This means either you:

a) Have moderate to severe self-confidence issues if you feel the need to wear that much

b) Are most likely a gold-digging wh*re.
4. You've got fake eyelashes on, and your spray tan makes you look darker than my cousin's girlfriend who is from Egypt. Yup it's b, you're probably a gold-digging wh*re.

Me: What do I do for a living? Avoid questions from girls who have trouble written all over their face, that's what. Can I have my card now please? I can wear Welcome to the Jungle starting and I want to get back to my seat.

Her: Oh... here's your card back. Are you 100% sure it isn't an Amex?

I just walked off at that point thinking for f**k's sake...

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 13 of 53
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Scenery_guy- Where in Florida do you live? I was just down there about a week ago for my cousin's wedding and it was a pretty nice place overall (except it rained every day I was there +it's kinda muggy too..lol.) 

Creditscholar- I live In Los Angeles, and I agree that it is a really expensive place to live. Great to visit, but you don't want to live here unless you enjoy dealing with traffic, smog, ill mannered people and the general fast paced lifestlye here. Where in LA did you live in? Also, I don't understand the fascination either that people have with the city of LA. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 14 of 53
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@bluesnowman wrote:

Scenery_guy- Where in Florida do you live? I was just down there about a week ago for my cousin's wedding and it was a pretty nice place overall (except it rained every day I was there +it's kinda muggy too..lol.) 

Creditscholar- I live In Los Angeles, and I agree that it is a really expensive place to live. Great to visit, but you don't want to live here unless you enjoy dealing with traffic, smog, ill mannered people and the general fast paced lifestlye here. Where in LA did you live in? Also, I don't understand the fascination either that people have with the city of LA. 

Westwood, but I'm originally from NorCal. I thought we had bad traffic congestion problems up there, but we have nothing on LA.

I did find the people quite rude and shallow, but I guess it does have a reputation to live up to.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 15 of 53
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@bluesnowman wrote:

Lakeland. Our claim to fame is we were the third city in Florida to have electrical power in 1891 and we have the largest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings on a single site. It's right smack between Tampa and Orlando so we are not too far from the amusement parks (yawn). It's no LA but it's not Mayberry either. 

Yes it rains every day if we are lucky. I actually love the rain and don't mind the humidity. That's one thing I miss when in LA - rain. I actually get out there often for work but I prefer San Francisco if I have time to kill. LA seems a bit off, but not in a bad way. A week or two is a blast especially hanging with showbiz people. They tend to be an odd lot and find some pretty cool off the path places. 

Message 16 of 53
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Ahh, my brother goes to school in Westwood. Very nice place to live IMO. I assume your from the Bay area? Yep, there is nothing like LA traffic (You know when your flight is getting ready to land and from your window you can already see the traffic starting to build up.) A few months ago, I was coming from my friends house (he lives in West LA) and I got stuck in traffic, turned out to be a nine car accident...lol. But yes, LA traffic can be a nightmare.

Yes, unfortunately we have a reputation of rude and shallow people living amongst us, welcome to LA...lol. 

Bank of America: Cash Rewards.- 4.2k. 4/25/12 (CLI Increase 6/15/13, CLI May of 2015, sept 2015), Citi: Forward- 4.5k. 10/27/12 (CLI on 2/8/14, SP, CLI on 9/26/15 sp). Discover: More- 7k, 10/27/12 (Increase 6/1/14, CLI in May of 2015, SP 9/2015) Amex: PRG- NPSL (closed 12/13/13). 11/24/12. Chase: Freedom. 5/1/13- 5k (EX CLI HP 9/2015) Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus.-3.6k. 6/15/13. Amex BCE-2k. 12/7/13. Amex SPG-5k 12/8/13 (CLI on 9/2015) Capital one VentureOne Visa Signature-10k (9/6/15). Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard-4K. Last App: 9/6/15. Total cl: 45,300
Message 17 of 53
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

@bluesnowman wrote:

Lakeland. Our claim to fame is we were the third city in Florida to have electrical power in 1891 and we have the largest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright buildings on a single site. It's right smack between Tampa and Orlando so we are not too far from the amusement parks (yawn). It's no LA but it's not Mayberry either. 

Yes it rains every day if we are lucky. I actually love the rain and don't mind the humidity. That's one thing I miss when in LA - rain. I actually get out there often for work but I prefer San Francisco if I have time to kill. LA seems a bit off, but not in a bad way. A week or two is a blast especially hanging with showbiz people. They tend to be an odd lot and find some pretty cool off the path places. 

We absolutely love amusement parks. We were at Orlando for Disney World a couple of years ago, and it was great except... I've never seen so many morbidly obese people on scooters in my life! It was like a real-life scene from WALL-E, only that wasn't quite the Disney we had envisaged.

There was some special going on for residents from the South, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it. When you looked at all of the license plates on the cars in the parking lot, it was Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, Alabama, North Carolina, Alabama... I couldn't help but think about Honey Boo Boo.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 18 of 53
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@bluesnowman wrote:

Ahh, my brother goes to school in Westwood. Very nice place to live IMO. I assume your from the Bay area? Yep, there is nothing like LA traffic (You know when your flight is getting ready to land and from your window you can already see the traffic starting to build up.) A few months ago, I was coming from my friends house (he lives in West LA) and I got stuck in traffic, turned out to be a nine car accident...lol. But yes, LA traffic can be a nightmare.

Yes, unfortunately we have a reputation of rude and shallow people living amongst us, welcome to LA...lol. 

I'm originally from San Francisco. And yeah, LA traffic is pretty bad. I remember one time I was in Orange County and went to pickup a friend who lived in Riverside for a party. I left right after lunch at 1 pm, and after I picked him up we didn't get back until 9:45. The entire time in-between was traffic.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
Message 19 of 53
bluesnowman
Frequent Contributor

Ahh, I was in Orlando the entire time. Spend 4 days helping my cousin with his wedding, spent the other 3 days at Disneyworld with the rest of my cousins, but your not to far (hell, everything in Florida seems pretty far away.) I've been to Boca Raton, Daytona Beach, Fort Lauderdale and Miami about 5-10 years ago, so I'm sure I've been past Lakeland. 

OTOH, I love the rain (just not the humidity that comes after it.) I like San Francisco as well (I'd never want to live there though.) Yeah, LA can be a pretty interesting place. I live pretty close to Six Flags so I go there maybe once every 6 months, and there is a lot to do out here in terms of amusement parks and such but it's boring after a while (kind of like living close to Disneyworld as you do.) That's pretty cool, I didn't know about Frank Lloyd Wright's building's over there...lol. 

Message 20 of 53
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.