Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Furious... Cap1...

tag
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

Furious... Cap1...

I feel very annoyed. Nearly angry. I need advice...

I received a call from Cap1 Fraud Department today. On my 3 year old QS. I have 5 authorized users on the account and have for about 3 months now.

They are requesting copies of SS CARD and DRIVERS LICENSE for ALL 5 users...

Excuse me? This is BEYOND stupid and intrusive... These people have ZERO responsibility or legal connection to this account.

I would NEVER feel comfortable asking 5 individuals to give me such personal documents -- NOR would I expect them to give me such if I did ask them!

So I said "Clear the users off". And she responded "EVEN THEN, THE ACCOUNT WILL REMAIN RESTRICTED UNTIL WE RECEIVE ALL 5 SETS OF REQUESTED DOCUMENTS."

Oh my gosh. I feel violated honestly... Now I have a permanently FROZEN account. Can't upgrade it OR EVEN CLOSE IT...

What do I do...?

Message 1 of 81
80 REPLIES 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Furious... Cap1...

@Charmante wrote:

... What do I do...?

1st thing: calm down. Breathe. Breathe some more. Get good and calm.

2nd thing: HUCA. 

On the 2nd call my objective would be not to salvage the card (not saying you can't) but to close the card. That would be my focus. Others will be along to offer better suggestions shortly. 

Sorry. Good luck. 

Message 2 of 81
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

That's crazy are you sure you were speaking with someone at Cap1?!

Message 3 of 81
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I would definitely call back and speak with someone higher up and if need be close it but as a last resort really.

Message 4 of 81
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

I am positive it was Cap1. She read off the users names and the last 4 of my account. I really am speechless.

Message 5 of 81
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

I already escalated to a Supervisor. Can I go higher?

Message 6 of 81
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Sorry for your troubles.

I think I have 5 on my Cap one card.

Though it's nearly 13 years old.

Scratch that, just looked. I have 7 AU's on that card.

The only thing you can do is furnish the information or cut your losses and move on to other lenders.

I've seen this happen before to other members.

Cap One is looking for accounts where customers are selling AUs.

Not assuming you are doing anything like that. But normally that's what their reasoning is behind it.

Message 7 of 81
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

They think you're selling AU slots to credit builders. They want the info to verify you really know these people.

Message 8 of 81
Charmante
Frequent Contributor

*big eyes* Wait... What...? People SELL Authorized Users access to their accounts...? (LOL) 

Seriously please explain this. I've never even HEARD of that...

1) Why? Why would someone PAY to be an AU...?

2) Where do they do this at? It's not exactly a Topic I would put in the Local Newspaper. Lol...

Now I'm also offended... Lol

So if I just leave this account restricted... Does it prevent me from opening NEW Cap1's? Like, will I basically be Cap1 Black Listed?

Message 9 of 81
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yeah, I'm sure you would. But unless you are willing to submit the information. They can hold your account hostage.

Now being you have a crap ton of other lenders out there. I wouldn't even blink. Lol

I've stopped, dropped and rolled a lender or two. 😂

I let those cards die a long and lonely death on my reports. As long as it positive history. It will keep right on reporting 10 years after they close it.

All this depends on how dependent you're on Cap One. 

Message 10 of 81
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.