Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future Chase Options

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Future Chase Options

Yep, the brain rattles around a lot more nowadays making conundrums into mazes. Smiley Wink Thanks for your input.
Message 11 of 15
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Fair enough. Either option will work then. If you want Chase UR points to be your main "reward," apping for the Freedom and using both Chase cards is the best option. If you just want to get rid of the Freedom Unlimited due to redundancy, then a PC is best.

Figured a CF would be a good match to my Discover it and Cash+ for more 5% cats, since my PPCBMC covers all other bases. Tempting to try apping now, but 4 cards in the past 2 months, don't want to spook Chase. Still got time to work it out.

Are you planning on SD the CFU? You can probably just PC it now without AA if you wanted, that's what it sounds like you want to do. Or do you want to app for that SUB?

From what I've read, Chase requires you having the card a year before you can PC, and mine was opened early Feb this year. If I could PC now, I would have. It will likely get SD'd until I can PC unless I app for the CF earlier. That's the conundrum currently. Smiley Tongue If I app for the CF, I can get the card earlier and the SUB, however, I would have an SD'd card. If I wait, I don't get the sub, but I keep a growing account in my wallet without any pulls, etc, and by then higher CL hopefully. 

Wait!  You just got the CFU in early February of this year?  And you already know you don’t like it?  That was only a few weeks ago.  Did your credit card strategy completely change in those few short weeks?  I don’t understand why you didn’t just apply for the CF instead of the CFU in early February.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I was doing apps, I didn't get pre-qualified for the CF, just the CFU (tried a couple refreshes to see if it'd come up as well). So I had decided to go ahead and grab the CFU to get my foot in the door with Chase. Didn't want to try cold apps without pre-qualification just incase, hoping for higher acceptance chance. It isn't that I don't /like/ the CFU, infact I really do. It's just my PPCBMC earns more, however, if Synch decides to be a bit iffy, I likely won't mind swapping to the CFU as an everyday spend. A .5% drop in return is worth it if Synch becomes troublesome. (And Chase's management app is so much better) Currently leaning toward apping for the CF and just having both.

Edit: And the more I think about it, the nicer it sounds to have a backup daily driver just incase, and it has NFC whereas the Synch card doesn't, AND spend alerts, god I wish all of them had alerts.
Message 13 of 15
zerofire
Valued Contributor

The problem between the Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Unlimited is that they have nearly identical approval standards. As a result the preapproval system will more likely list the later than the former when checking. You actually would have qualified for the Chase Freedom but you only needed to do a cold app which clearly you had no wish to do.  Hindsight sadly is always 20/20.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerofire wrote:

The problem between the Chase Freedom and Chase Freedom Unlimited is that they have nearly identical approval standards. As a result the preapproval system will more likely list the later than the former when checking. You actually would have qualified for the Chase Freedom but you only needed to do a cold app which clearly you had no wish to do.  Hindsight sadly is always 20/20.

Well... Poop. Ah well, browsing around my Chase account I'm looking at Shop Through Chase, which would make the CFU really handy for online. Looking around on info of it, it seems to stack ontop if you use the Chase card. i.e. if it offers 2% at a store, buying with the CFU makes a total of 3.5% which can really bolster the CFU. Including the CF if it's within a cat, it'll be 5%+ whatever on the portal. Now having both in the wallet is looking preferable for online shopping. Smiley Happy Figure Chase'll toss me a CF around July if I keep good on my current card? Smiley Tongue

EDIT: Pfft... Logged into Chase and they have a prequalified offer for a Chase Slate under the "Just for you" ehhh no thanks. Smiley Happy It seems to be exactly the same as my CFU (as far as APR offers and %), minus the rewards... though it does say free FICO score, assuming TU... My Discover covers that, thank you very much.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.