cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Future for Zync (Exec Office update on pg. 4)

tag
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Future for Zync (Exec Office update on pg. 4)

@Duncanrr wrote:

Why did the CSR bring up applying for BCE? Did you mention that card in your original inquiry? I wonder if they are hinting at what card they may PC the zync into.

I did mention the BCE in my inquiry - I asked him if it was one of the product change options. As much as I like the idea of an NPSL card, I really don't use it that way for fear of it being declined. I never know what the "hidden" limit is on it unless I want to go enter a bunch of tests at the site. I'd much rather have a very high limit revolver that pays rewards, no AF, and can be used like a charge card paid off each month. At least then I know where I stand. The only reason I have the Zync is to get in the door with Amex and establish the earliest possible membership date.

Message 61 of 75
Zanarov
Valued Member

Re: Future for Zync holders

@Revelate wrote:

@Zanarov wrote:

Well this is turning out to be quite interesting. Looking around the web there seems to be several opinions on what's going on

1. Zync is discontinued, this has been confirmed by several reps....however:

2. Zync IS NOT discontinued, and there's some error with the system. This from a Amex rep on another site...however:

3. According to yet  another rep the card is not being canceled, but the packs are. Apparently it will be a charge card version of Blue.

Does anyone know how we can get some confirmation on this? Or perhaps somewhere there's a official Amex statement floating around...?

I think it's all up in the air until Amex sends us a notice via mail, i.e. legalish material.

I haven't seen anywhere where the Zync isn't being discontinued, would you mind sharing your source on that?  If anything it's the ability to change around packs which is in question from one of Amex's social media pronoucements.

I think the Zync and Green would be too similar if they just cancelled the packs, not really seeing the product differentiation nor the upside of keeping both if they do that, and we know the Zync stands no chance of being continued compared to the Green in that scenario.  You don't throw out decades of market brand recognition for a product which apparently never really caught on.

I have to admit on the time I first used the card with my coworkers at lunch, one of them asked "White Amex?  Is that the opposite of their black card?"  Had to think about it for a second, and yup, pretty much that's what it is especially now as it's looking like a collector's item for mortals.

I think you called it...We are getting all kinds of responses to the status of the Zync, and they all conflict. 

1. Zync is canceled<--Exec office over phone

2. It is not<--Two reps confirmed this in writing

3. Random rumors all over the place regarding Zync being closed for current holders as well (PC)

4. Random rumors about grandfathering

Soooo yeah. I guess all we have left is waiting for an "official" annoucement.

Message 62 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really hope they don't cancel them :/ I was one of those card holders who applied less than two weeks ago. I, too, am wondering what will happen with the packs that I am currently enrolled in.. i.e. will they cancel all packs outright, "lock" in your card with the apps you currently have, etc. I guess we'll just have to wait for that official statement Smiley Indifferent

Message 63 of 75
p-
Valued Contributor

Well, my takeaway from all of this is that I made a good decision signing up for the Zync as soon as I was eligible.  Now, with a locked-in Membership Date, no matter what happens I will have a nicely backdated Amex card.  

Message 64 of 75
thom02099
Valued Contributor

My best guess is that, as some have stated, Zync will continue on in some form or another, at least for a while.  How do I know/guess this? Just yesterday, on my statement, there appeared my AF for $25!!   And last week there was the AF for pack fees.  So, unless they are planning to issue me a credit of some sort, looks like I've got another year of status quo.  I was thinking about just calling and asking them about this. 

Message 65 of 75
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Zync will almost assuredly go the path of Optima, which still has card holders using away, and getting replacement cards as the need dictates.

Hard limit cardholders need not worry either, as if you did back your card with an account, I'd say the odds are more in your favor, as compared to the $200 crowd.
A few did burn Amex, but what do you expect from kids?

Message 66 of 75
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

Well no wonder I was declined the other day.  I wish I hadn't wasted a HP on AMEX.  Don't know why I wanted one with all the account review and such.  Oh well, my life will continue to be just as good without them.

Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 67 of 75
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: Future for Zync (Exec Office update on pg. 4)

I to will be set with backdating as that's why I got the card as well.  Won't be bumbed either way can't wait to get my hands on BCE and cancel this puppy once AF hits.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 68 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I really hope they don't cancel them :/ I was one of those card holders who applied less than two weeks ago. I, too, am wondering what will happen with the packs that I am currently enrolled in.. i.e. will they cancel all packs outright, "lock" in your card with the apps you currently have, etc. I guess we'll just have to wait for that official statement Smiley Indifferent

On another board someone tried to modify their packs but had to call and do it over the phone. The rep said, currently, you can remove packs but you cannot add them back as the Zync was being discontinued. So, it seems, you can keep the packs that you have but cannot add ones in the future.

Message 69 of 75
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh okay that would make sense. I bet they'll do that for a year or so, then remove all the packs all together as they try to convince people to PC from their Zync's to another charge card. I'm just glad I put on my restaurants pack when I signed up, I was debating only using the free packs Smiley Happy

Message 70 of 75
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.