cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GARDEN or NOT to GARDEN that is the QUESTION!!!???

tag
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

GARDEN or NOT to GARDEN that is the QUESTION!!!???

On this path I was able to obtain: BofA PP $3K/ 8-2012, BofA 1-2-3 $5K/ 9-2012 and NFCU cashRewards $12K/ 9-2012...along side my merely simple Orchard Bank $320.

Havent check since the BofA $5K is showing on my USAA CMS FICO EQ 637,  FICO TU 633, FICO EX ??? (just joined PSECU so dont have this as of yet)

UTI is like 7% and quiet a few inqs

I have 1 CO and 1 CA UNPAID (under dispute not mine), 2 paid CA. Last time anything neg was on my credit was 1.5 yrs ago. AAoA is 7 yrs

Should I app for 1 last card before letting my new tulips grow or just let these cards grow?

Starting Score: FAKO: TU 602 EQ 550 EX 565 - 08|2012
Current Score: MyFICO: TU 633 EQ 637 EX 669 (AMEX PULL)09|2012
Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Re: GARDEN or NOT to GARDEN that is the QUESTION!!!???

I vote to get in the garden.   You can get by just fine with those 3 cards.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Yea I agree with those limits let them gain some age then go for the PSECU combo.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 9
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Time to garden,  in 6 months you should be all set for any card you want,  Chase CSP, AMEX revolver, perhaps even usbank cash+. 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 4 of 9
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@AvaMommy wrote:

On this path I was able to obtain: BofA PP $3K/ 8-2012, BofA 1-2-3 $5K/ 9-2012 and NFCU cashRewards $12K/ 9-2012...along side my merely simple Orchard Bank $320.

Havent check since the BofA $5K is showing on my USAA CMS FICO EQ 637,  FICO TU 633, FICO EX ??? (just joined PSECU so dont have this as of yet)

I have 1 CO and 1 CA UNPAID (under dispute not mine), 2 paid CA. Last time anything neg was on my credit was 1.5 yrs ago. AAoA is 7 yrs

Should I app for 1 last card before letting my new tulips grow or just let these cards grow?

These posts are becoming a growing trend in the MyFico community.  CC's should be part of your overall financial plan.  Trying to get the highest limit and vying for all sorts of credit lines can do harm instead of good.  CC's are a great tool, however, they can become a tragic consequence, if used not as intended.  Take your time, grow your current lines and enjoy the journey, that is what this forum is all about - Good support and good people who are on the same journey of 'financial independence' - that is key.

Message 5 of 9
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

When in doubt, always garden! You have nothing to lose by doing so, and everything to gain. Let the new cards age a little, and hopefully your score will go up and you will be in a better position to get whatever other card you may want.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 6 of 9
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@jumpinjax wrote:

@AvaMommy wrote:

These posts are becoming a growing trend in the MyFico community.  CC's should be part of your overall financial plan.  Trying to get the highest limit and vying for all sorts of credit lines can do harm instead of good.  CC's are a great tool, however, they can become a tragic consequence, if used not as intended.  Take your time, grow your current lines and enjoy the journey, that is what this forum is all about - Good support and good people who are on the same journey of 'financial independence' - that is key.

Thank you thats why I asked for advice. I never used credit fivioulously. I was deployed hence the reason why accts went into collection. I wouldnt say its a tend for me since I threw the question out there of what is next. Never had a BK or any of those tragic consequences whether the individual fell on hard times or was careless. I purchased my own home without credit, the cars I have and maintained a sucessful career without credit.

If we dont ask then what good is this MyFICO community? Thank you for the advice once again...Smiley Happy

Goal Score: 700 across the board In my wallet: NFCU cashRewards 12000CL, NFCU LOC 10K CL, BofA cashRewards 5000CL, BofA PP 3000CL, JAREDS (AU) 1500CL, SEARS (AU) 7000CL
Under my mattress: Orchard Bank 320CL and Saks Fifth Avenue 100CL. Finally in the Garden. App Free Since 9/18/12 - No apps until March 2013
Message 7 of 9
jumpinjax
New Contributor

@AvaMommy wrote:

@jumpinjax wrote:

@AvaMommy wrote:

Thank you thats why I asked for advice. I never used credit fivioulously. I was deployed hence the reason why accts went into collection. I wouldnt say its a tend for me since I threw the question out there of what is next. Never had a BK or any of those tragic consequences whether the individual fell on hard times or was careless. I purchased my own home without credit, the cars I have and maintained a sucessful career without credit.

If we dont ask then what good is this MyFICO community? Thank you for the advice once again...Smiley Happy

Thank you for your service.  I only wish issuers were a little more considerate for people who serve.  This country took eons to understand the importance of our service people.  Hopefully the future is brighter as I wish you much success on your journey.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
AvaMommy
Frequent Contributor

@jumpinjax wrote:

@AvaMommy wrote:

@jumpinjax wrote:

@AvaMommy wrote:

Thank you thats why I asked for advice. I never used credit frivolously. I was deployed hence the reason why accts went into collection. I wouldnt say its a trend for me since I threw the question out there of what is next. Never had a BK or any of those tragic consequences whether the individual fell on hard times or was careless. I purchased my own home without credit, the cars I have and maintained a successful career without credit.

Thank you for your service.  I only wish issuers were a little more considerate for people who serve.  This country took eons to understand the importance of our service people.  Hopefully the future is brighter as I wish you much success on your journey.  Smiley Happy

Thank you for acknowledging each service member and my service to our country. I wish too but it takes US the service members to know what benefits we have...ask questions (SCRA) to help us through deployments

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.