Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Amazon Store Card Auto-CLI?

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

GE Amazon Store Card Auto-CLI?

I just got a store card through Amazon w/ a starting limit of $600.  I figure I do enough business with Amazon that somewhere down the line it'd be nice to have the 6/12+ mo 0% financing on big purchases.  I'm wondering for those that have the card do they give auto-CLI's?  Is it dependent on making regular purchases with the card?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

Re: GE Amazon Store Card Auto-CLI?

I've never gotten an auto as far as I remember, but I consistently got SP CLIs every 4 months.  From $300 to $3500 in a few years

Message 2 of 12
logan_720
Established Contributor

I was given $1200 to start with in November of 2011. only had a $60 balance that I paid in full. Then I got a $300 CLI in early/mid March..

Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

GE often does an auto CLI on month 2-6 but you can do the *now* automated system through phone to request CLI every 4 months with SP always.

I miss the online, not sure why phone only now, it takes longer!

You can always also ask to talk with underwriting and they can manual review with SP...

But I would just put it in your calendar, call in each 4 months and request, don't wait!

You only need or maybe want to wait for auto if the bank does HP for requests.

Message 4 of 12
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@vonmannstein wrote:

I just got a store card through Amazon w/ a starting limit of $600.  I figure I do enough business with Amazon that somewhere down the line it'd be nice to have the 6/12+ mo 0% financing on big purchases.  I'm wondering for those that have the card do they give auto-CLI's?  Is it dependent on making regular purchases with the card?

Thanks!

My Amazon started with a $600 limit, 5 months later or so I hit the luv button and get a $300 boost to $900, then again with  love button to $1200... Then about 4.5 months later I got an auto CLI to $2200. So it can happen both ways. It was easier when the luv button works, now I hear you have to use the automated phone system. But the one thing that stayed the same is, you need to wait 4 statement cuts between increases, and use the card. I was typically spending $125+ per purchase to get free shipping and no interest for 6 months and then on the debt weekly ( got paid weekly) usually paying them off in a month or two and making another purchase.  And as you can see they are very accommodating with CLI;'s   YMMV  

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 5 of 12
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Thanks for all the suggestions!  It'll be my first GE card so wasn't really sure how they operated.  I'll put a purchase or 2 on the card every couple months then give then a call after 4 months.   I am a HUGE Amazon Prime junkie so that shouldn't be a problem at all.    Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 12
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I opened an account with them in August to buy my MAC.  It started with a  $2,200 limit and they doubled it to $4,400 in 6 months as an automatic CLI.  Stick with them and they will grow with you.Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 12
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

It'll be nice if I could get any type of increase for my Amazon card...I've had the card for a year and a half, and no increase whatsoever...  Smiley Sad

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 8 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@digitaldiva wrote:

It'll be nice if I could get any type of increase for my Amazon card...I've had the card for a year and a half, and no increase whatsoever...  Smiley Sad

You keep requesting?

Limit? Bal.?

overall Debt?

Message 9 of 12
the_jan_b
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@digitaldiva wrote:

You keep requesting?

Limit? Bal.?

overall Debt?

I've requested twice in the past eight months, and always a no go...

My limit is $700, my balance is about $60, and from all of my credit accounts, I'm at about 15% utilization...but I'm not really going to worry about it right now; I can be patient for a little while longer...  Smiley Happy

Enjoying your freedom? Thank a servicemember and their family!

In the garden since 26 Jun 14...

I am digitaldiva's alter-ego

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.