Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE BANK ????

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

GE BANK ????

Good Morning/Afternoon everyone,

I have been reading that GE Bank denied cc accts because of employment or telephone verification. So the question I have is do GE Bank do employment and telephone name verification on all applications before they approval cc's?

Thanks in advance for any and all info.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: GE BANK ????

I don't think so

Message 2 of 9
Jutz
Valued Contributor

Had no problems getting the Walmard GE card.  App'd online, had to call in to answer identification verification questions, approved instantly over the phone.  Maybe if you have a thin file there could be an issue verifying you, but they didn't ask for income at all.

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 3 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Oh ok because I have read some thread on here stating they was denied because ge couldnt verify employment or the telephone wasnt in there name or in some case they didnt have a landline telephone and only a cell phone.

Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Oh ok because I have read some thread on here stating they was denied because ge couldnt verify employment or the telephone wasnt in there name or in some case they didnt have a landline telephone and only a cell phone.

This was mostly on Lowes accounts I believe if I remember corretly.

It's gotten better lately I think, in the past Lowes was hated for a while just because of GE and flat out denials for exactly what you say, Phone Numbers and No Land Line.

Just be careful of the security questions, they don't always apply to you but if you live with someone or share a credit card with someone, you might get questions that don't apply to you but the person you know or live with... if you hear something that rings true for ANYONE around you and family, answer the question as if it was you... if you say no doesn't apply to you most likely you will fail the security questions and sometimes you can get a 2nd chance but no more!

Message 5 of 9
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@Credit314 wrote:

Can you dig up this thread??? Kinda odd actually.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 9
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I think this is the thread in question:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/WalMart-Discover-7-10-days/td-p/1669380

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Sorry myficoers. It was kays/jared threads that mention this not walmart. Sorry once again

Message 8 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Im confusing myself now. Epcot I remember reading that one too. However when I just attempted to relocate the threads I was just mostly getting that under jared/kays. Yes that would be one of the ge threads in question.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.