cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE CLI? Amazon & PayPal

tag
Nord

GE CLI? Amazon & PayPal

So after seeing all the love that GE is lavishing on Amazon, PayPal, and other users of their retail cards, I'm wondering if I should call them and request CLIs as well? Or is it too soon?

Back in December, I called their office and requested to increase Amazon from $3.2K to $4K, and PayPal from $4.9K to $5K. In retrospect, those are very small increases, but I was too scared to ask for more. Plus, I had just recently received an auto-CLI on PayPal, from $3.9K to $4.9K, so I was worried that that would void my "eligibility" for another, self-initiated CLI, so I phrased my PayPal CLI request more as a "tweak" than an actual CLI (i.e., a very minor bump just to round the $4.9K to $5K).

I would especially like to get Amazon to the $5K marker at least, but I'm currently carrying a balance on that card (I get 0% promotional interest on my purchases, so I figure why not take advantage). The PayPal account has a balance of $0.

Thoughts? If you guys suggest that I do request CLIs, how much should I ask for? Obviously the higher the better, but I don't want to come off as too greedy, especially after just 3 months.

Any suggestions on which backdoor number to use? The sticky has 2:

GE Moneybank (except WalMart):  866-419-4096

GE Moneybank: 866-519-6441 (Credit Analyst/Credit Solutions)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Re: GE CLI? Amazon & PayPal

I haven't called the underwriter for them yet, I tend to let them grow on there own only hitting the luv button for CLI's and they have been good to me even if they deny my request at the time I get an auto CLI shortly afterwards.  If you are just doing it to see a large number in the CL I would wait. In a few more months they will grow all by themselves no need to call an underwriter, and if you suggest the increase they may take it back if you don't make purchases on the card.

If you bug them too much there are rumors on other credit boards about getting an account review where they asked for bank records and  paycheck statements.  Probably are very rare but can happen.

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 2 of 3
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Re: GE CLI? Amazon & PayPal

I have been testing the waters with GE and when I called more than a couple of times to ask for CLI in diferent GE backed accounts, beside the regular security questions, they pull additional ones, like what was my last payment, and when, and CC exp dates...

Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.