GE Capital Bank! I love this Bank!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: GE Capital Bank! I love this Bank!

@CS800 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

I love GE Capital Bank. I was approved for a Walmart Store, JCPenneys and Amazon with a 620 TU Credit score!

Walmart Store: 800 CL

JCPenneys: 500 CL

Amazon: 900 CL

Walmart said in 6 on time on time payments and they will give me a chance for Discover card!

Congrats on your approvals!! I can't pay WalMart (or any other GE card with the exception of Care Credit) to give me a card and my TU score is 655...Smiley Sad

Do you get denied online?

HAve you tried in persn at the store?

I have been declined online twice in the past year and a half, maybe next year I'll try apping in store does it increase your chances?

Message 21 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been declined online twice in the past year and a half, maybe next year I'll try apping in store does it increase your chances?

A member on here 'RockinRay' was getting denied online but went in store and got approved.

Message 22 of 44
lithium78
Established Contributor

I have no idea how I was approved for the Walmart retail card when I applied a few years back.  I had a 566 TU FICO, over 20 baddies, and three collections.  GECRB makes no sense, but I love them because they gave me credit when few would and they've grown with me.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 44
jwduke
Regular Contributor

I had to go 2 years before getting the Walmart Discover card....

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Message 24 of 44
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

I have no idea how I was approved for the Walmart retail card when I applied a few years back.  I had a 566 TU FICO, over 20 baddies, and three collections.  GECRB makes no sense, but I love them because they gave me credit when few would and they've grown with me.

I know, very strange. I have gotten three approvals from them in a very short amount of time. I have given up trying to understand bank on approvals.

Message 25 of 44
learnin113
Established Contributor

@daveg38 wrote:

Congrads on the approvals!

My TU is a 733 and I couldn't PAY Wally to give me credit.

Really?  That sucks.

Message 26 of 44
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

I love GE Capital Bank. I was approved for a Walmart Store, JCPenneys and Amazon with a 620 TU Credit score!

Walmart said in 6 on time on time payments and they will give me a chance for Discover card!

Yes it's called we invite you back to apply for the Walmart Discover again and if you still don't qualify for the Discover we will give you another Walmart Store card!!!

However I feel we have been seeing a lot of upgrade offers lately with about every GE Card that has option for Visa, Amex, Discover when people sign in to accounts but in the past it's pretty much been said just apply.

Message 27 of 44
CS800
Super Contributor

I'd rather see the upgrade rather than an invite to apply for the Discover. But tehre has been a lot of people on here who have gotten teh upgrade option.

Message 28 of 44
xlr8d
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have any experience with the SONY(GE backed) card?  I didnt know they offered one until I was in the store looking at lenses for my camera.  I knew they had the cap1 sony card, but not the GE backed.

If anyone has any experience with it please talk Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 515 TU 490 EXfaco 510
Current Score: EQ 660 TU 665 EXplus 661
Goal Score: 700

Message 29 of 44
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@CS800 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@CS800 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

congrats on your cards

did the CSR tell you that? about the discover?

Walmart said in 6 on time on time payments and they will give me a chance for Discover card! I hope they do Macys said the same and I never got the upgrade.

I always thought that the Discover 'offer' was random

Thats what I was thinking. I run at least 1K through my Walmart card a month and PIF i'm hoping they offer it to me.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.