Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital/ Chase Freedom and my fico roller coaster..lol

tag
dubcee33
Established Member

GE Capital/ Chase Freedom and my fico roller coaster..lol

I thought I'd share my happy and sad credit experience from this past weekend.

First off, let me tell you my credit is a wreck, although I have been diligently working to improve it. I have about 12 collection accounts, 9 of which are from 2006ish and roll off by the end of year. I also have a PR from an eviction from 07 and rolls off next year. I have a good credit mix and excellent payment history on my (subprime) credit cards...excellent pay history on my student loans.

So since I didnt have any inquiries on my file and improved my TU credit score to 655, I decided to apply for a GE credit card for Rooms to Go. I was approved for $3000 in time for the no interest til 2016 promotion...YIPPEEE!! (Basically it's the first time I've been approved for anything on my own)..This is the good news.

Now for the bad news....Since I was feeling giddie about being approved...I got the dumb idea that maybe I could get rid of my subprime card for say...a Chase Freedom. I did not get an instant approval...they said they need to further review...which probably means I'm rejected...

But here's the doozie...the single inquiry from chase dropped my EQ by 52 points!!! WTH?? Back to tending the garden I go.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: GE Capital/ Chase Freedom and my fico roller coaster..lol

Congrats and recon chase

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 11
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Recon the freedom. They have one of the best success rate.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 11
dubcee33
Established Member

Sorry, Im kind of new here...what's recon?

Message 4 of 11
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Call to get your chase freedom reconsideration by an analysis. Look at the sticky back door number and call them tomorrow morning.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 5 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

@dubcee33 wrote:

Sorry, Im kind of new here...what's recon?

Short version 

Call ask them to pull up your app.................. Chase: 888-245-0625 (Credit Analyst - Recons)

Explain any questions they may have 

Tell them you really want the card because?   Answer

Hope for best

Good luck

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 11
dubcee33
Established Member

Thanks guys..I'll try it tomorrow and post the results.

Message 7 of 11
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@dubcee33 wrote:

I thought I'd share my happy and sad credit experience from this past weekend.

First off, let me tell you my credit is a wreck, although I have been diligently working to improve it. I have about 12 collection accounts, 9 of which are from 2006ish and roll off by the end of year. I also have a PR from an eviction from 07 and rolls off next year. I have a good credit mix and excellent payment history on my (subprime) credit cards...excellent pay history on my student loans.

So since I didnt have any inquiries on my file and improved my TU credit score to 655, I decided to apply for a GE credit card for Rooms to Go. I was approved for $3000 in time for the no interest til 2016 promotion...YIPPEEE!! (Basically it's the first time I've been approved for anything on my own)..This is the good news.

Now for the bad news....Since I was feeling giddie about being approved...I got the dumb idea that maybe I could get rid of my subprime card for say...a Chase Freedom. I did not get an instant approval...they said they need to further review...which probably means I'm rejected...

But here's the doozie...the single inquiry from chase dropped my EQ by 52 points!!! WTH?? Back to tending the garden I go.

Congrats on your approval...but 52 points is quite a drop for one inquiry...Smiley Surprised! A little time in the garden will fix that up, though.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 8 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Damn! I hate inquiries!
Good luck on your recon.
Don't forget to kiss azz :-P
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 11
dubcee33
Established Member

So I recon this morning but still denied...The guy sounded like he was willing to approve but just couldnt due to the sheer number of unpaid collections even though most are about 7 years old...it sounded to me that even with the collections, if they were paid...he would have approved...[I had a paid judgement and he said its paid so he's not worried about the PR..
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.