Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital

tag
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

GE Capital

Hello, I'm considering buying a watch and would like to finance 50% with no interest for 12 months, does anyone know if they're BK friendly and what fico score is needed. Also what bureau do they use. If anyone has applied for GE Capital products please give me your thoughts with cons and pros.

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: GE Capital

Which GE cc are you considering? How long ago was your BK discharged?
Message 2 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Is this Ultra Jewelers??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 27
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

The store name is Fashion Time in Virginia. The BK was discharged on October 2011 but I've accomplished couple credit cards with low balance and a auto. I don't want to waste a HP if they will denied because of BK
Message 4 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Zelaya wrote:
The store name is Fashion Time in Virginia. The BK was discharged on October 2011 but I've accomplished couple credit cards with low balance and a auto. I don't want to waste a HP if they will denied because of BK

GE is pretty forgiving with BK but your not even 2 yrs out of it yet. How long have your other accounts been open??

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

GE usually pulls TU and like LS can be pretty forgiving. I'm not sure if this GE product will pull from Exp or TU. my Sony Card is GE and it pulled EX, CareCredit AFAIK is Ex too.

I assume you did not file on GE 😁
Message 6 of 27
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Well I'm gonna say that YMMV, but my bk was discharged in Nov 2012 so its only been 5 months.  I have gotten Paypal $800, JCP $1500, Walmart $2500 and Amazon $1500.  My bk is clearly listed on all 3 CRA's along with a few baddies from the BK and these were all instant approvals.  I also have somewhat of a thick file, AAOA is 5 to 6 years.  I took a tank on that for opening up so many cards lately...LOL!

But what are your scores and what does your credit look like?  What CC's do you have?  What is your util?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 7 of 27
Creditcurious74
Frequent Contributor

My auto loan just hit 12 months and my first credit revolving will be 1 year next month. Most of jewelry store in Tyson mall uses GE Capitol. If they pull TU I really don't mind. My current FICO score is 637 which is kind of low. I'm currently in garden diet but I really don't want to use my other card because I don't have no zero interest offers.
Message 8 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Zelaya wrote:
My auto loan just hit 12 months and my first credit revolving will be 1 year next month. Most of jewelry store in Tyson mall uses GE Capitol. If they pull TU I really don't mind. My current FICO score is 637 which is kind of low. I'm currently in garden diet but I really don't want to use my other card because I don't have no zero interest offers.

Give it a shot!! It is YMMV, good luck to you!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 27
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Zelaya wrote:

Hmmm well the score might present a problem.  I should have also stated that at the time I app'd my scores, including TU were above 700.  I think you still have a chance but the odds maybe decreased now with your score.  What is holding your score down?  Do you have any baddies?  What is your util?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.