Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Capital

tag
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

GE Capital

OK,  I tried to search for ge capital on this board and only thing came up was cap one.  So my question is, has anyone dealt with them?  I need to get furniture and appliances and would like to do it with just one HP.  They seem to do most of the financing for these type of cards. I would call them, but they will want to pull my credit first, and I can't have an HP until my mortgage closes.  Thanks.

FICO EQ: 633 8/15/12
lender pulled 11/3/12 EQ 661 TU 650 EX598
credit Karma 674 credit sesame: 663
B/K discharged 2/2006......closed 8/2012

May your limits be high and your balances low!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE Capital

Leave the capital out, I think you're referring to gecrb, or gemb.  They have gone by different names.  But generally they pull TU.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

i got it from here:  https://www.gogecapital.com/en/consumer-credit-financing/

Message 3 of 5
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

and when I google GE mony bank it always comes back to GE Capital.Smiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@jnkp2001 wrote:

OK,  I tried to search for ge capital on this board and only thing came up was cap one.  So my question is, has anyone dealt with them?  I need to get furniture and appliances and would like to do it with just one HP.  They seem to do most of the financing for these type of cards. I would call them, but they will want to pull my credit first, and I can't have an HP until my mortgage closes.  Thanks.

Re: So I guess GECRB pulls Experian now

@09Lexie wrote:

@SisterGirl wrote:

I could be wrong, but I think it's according to the Ashley account that you have with GE Capital vs GE Credit Bank (the same, yet different). The reason I mention this is I was approved for a PC Richard account last night & my account was registered online at www.gogecapital.com - I can see other consumer cards they carry listed there, but I hadn't checked my Experian yet....nor has CreditKarma alerted me  !

SisterGirl

Looks like THERE is a difference...namely this website does not list any retail/store cards I.e. Walmart, Penneys . Ashley furniture is listed here like the OP mentioned.  There definitely appears to be two different divisions that pull different CRA's.  :smileyfrustrated:

Exactly ! I was surprised to learn of it a few weeks ago, but I'm happy that I could share it for others to know there *is* a difference. But years ago, they used to have a visa/mastercard division & don't think it's still around.

SisterGirl

This info was posted a few days ago.  The furniture/appliances are through the website posted. The only one way I can see I HP is if you are lucky enough to find a store that carries both.  sounds like you are looking for a GE line of credit (like CareCredit) for home goods. 

Maybe someone else has a better response.  Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.