cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Closed all Accounts (waiting on a letter)

tag
ezef3ar
Contributor

Re: GE Closed all Accounts (waiting on a letter)

I can help with this. Here's what happen with me
I was approved for 4 credit cards.
Dint know all of them where GE CARDS
JC PENNY
PAYPAL EXTRAS MASTERCARD
AMAZON STORE CARD
WALMART
well right after I open Walmart over the phone the lady. Said well it seems like. Your account was just close
I'm like what!!!!!!
But you just give me the approval now it's close
I'm like. Explain. And she said. Well it saids close
I have no more info. I'm. Like **bleep** it's going on
I decide to call next day. But to my
Paypal extras master card customer service

Well surprise account close too
At this point I was completely lost and disappointed

She said to wait 48 hours for an answer after 2 days
I call again and she said I have to wait a full month before calling again

I did that on the month mark I call again and this time she just ask me questions and reopen all my credit. Cards right on the spot over the phone

right after she reopen them I went online and activate all my cards and everything was fine

now my third stamemt it's cutting and everything seems ok on all my cards

I did got a letter For each account saying account close please call for any questions but everything got resolve Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 31
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@ezef3ar GREAT INFORMATION THE SAME THING SHOULD HAPPEN TO HIM AS WELL.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 12 of 31
Ron1
Super Contributor

It will trigger "FRAUD ALERT" when you apply many cards from the same creditors. They will close all your accounts. It happened to me many years.  HSBC closed all my accounts (Best Buy, CompUSA) when I applied for the third card.  They system told me to call a toll free number to verify personal number. That number was fraud dept and analyst. They were rude. I could talk to them to re-open the account.  I think many creditors will close when you open too many accounts within a short period of time.

Ron.

Message 13 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so I emailed GE Capital Cares, and they basically told me that they re pulled my credit and said I have too many inquiries so they closed all of the credit I was extended (roughly 9k), they then said that the accounts will not be removed and the inquiries will not either. I checked and my equifax took a 53 point dive, my Experian and Transunion have yet to update. 

Anyone know of anything I can do to possibly reconcile this, eitrher with GE or just get the accounts removed all together. They all show closed at credit grantors request, 

Message 14 of 31
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Id email them back and ask them to reconsider at least giving you a chance with at least one account.  Your gonna have a hard time on a recon explaining those accounts that were closed by grantor.

Good luck

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 15 of 31
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK so I emailed GE Capital Cares, and they basically told me that they re pulled my credit and said I have too many inquiries so they closed all of the credit I was extended (roughly 9k), they then said that the accounts will not be removed and the inquiries will not either. I checked and my equifax took a 53 point dive, my Experian and Transunion have yet to update. 

Anyone know of anything I can do to possibly reconcile this, eitrher with GE or just get the accounts removed all together. They all show closed at credit grantors request, 

I'm happy they got back to you and at least explained what it was. It is bad if they say you have too many inquaries and they close accounts. I currently have 21 on Transunion a few will come off end of this year and good bit more will come off in 2013 and the best will be off till 2014, so i won't touch an app till 2014.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 16 of 31
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Probably part of the issue was that a lot of apps were on GE, so the company might have felt the exposure was too great, they might not have been so quick if some apps were for other banks, but I guess a big set of applications without much past history makes them nervous.  Waiting a while and spacing makes sense.

Message 17 of 31
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How many inquiries did you have and what was your score?

I see that you did get approved for Wal-Mart Discover 1.6k CL (that's very good, sad to see they close it)

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 18 of 31
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

I would call back and ask to keep 2-3 of the cards, and offer to close the others cards.  I would not ask to have all of them re-instated. 

I would pick the walmart, amazon, and lowes cards.  Explain to them that you requested these cards because you enjoy shopping at this stores.

Explain that you did not understand how credit worked, and that applying for numerous cards would be viewed as a bad thing. 

Message 19 of 31
browsing1

They closed 4 of my accounts too. These were all new accounts and only open for 3 or 4 days. Got a letter in the mail just yesterday saying they were closed because of the number of inquiries and new accounts. Amazon, Walmart, GAP and PayPal. They will not discuss by phone.

Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.