Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Credit Union 2.35% back?

tag
8Hunnid
New Contributor

GE Credit Union 2.35% back?

General Electric CU rewards card is my new non-category card. Its shown as a 2x pts per dollar. When I applied I asked what the pts were worth. It took 3 days (they must not know about pts enthusiasts haha), but I was told 5000 pts for $50 cash back, perfect.
I recently received my SUB and went to redeem some pts. The only option is 8500 pts for $100. I think my math is correct and its 1.17 cpp and a 2.35% cash back card. Is that correct? I can't figure out how to post a screenshot from my phone.
If so, let's not have everyone flooding their apps and lighting up the error of their ways.
Trans 750 EX 750 EQ 750
CO Quicksilver 1,500
FNBO Speedway 18,000
Amex BCP 20,000
Barclay View 13,500
Sync Lowes 16,000
Chase FU (P2) 6,600
Chase F 12,000
Discover (P2) 18,000
US Bank Cash+ 12,000
General Electric CU 15,000
X1 27,000
Chase CSP 16,600
Hilton Honors 15,000
Utilization 10%
Negative - 30 day 6 years ago
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Credit Union 2.35% back?

Too late empty bag, cat  is in the wind  !!

I keep really good High Yield accounts and Credit Card gems secret

That is what lets them survive.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It’s geofenced so it’s not like everyone will just rush to go get it. 

Message 3 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I for one am now househunting in one of the Ohio counties: Adams, Brown, Butler, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Darke, Fayette, Greene, Hamilton, Highland, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby, and Warren.

Message 4 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Well I for one am now househunting in one of the Ohio counties: Adams, Brown, Butler, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Darke, Fayette, Greene, Hamilton, Highland, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby, and Warren.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 10
Aim_High
Super Contributor

Wow, that sounds like a pretty good deal!  Yes, I think you have the math correct.  Of course, the problem with points instead of cash-back percentage is they can use smoke and mirrors to change the valuation at any time, so buyer beware. 

I looked on their website and I don't see this card, unless you are talking about the Business Platinum that pays 2 points on everything?  Or maybe this is a special offer to current customers?

Anyway, it looks like myself and many others won't be eligible anyway, per their membership eligibility page.  Smiley Sad ... unless maybe I want to visit and establish myself as a member of one of those churches ... lol

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 7 of 10
digitek
Established Contributor

Not a bad card at all, good benefits and no FTF.  I am actually inside this geofence.

Thanks for the heads up on the card.  I think it might be kind of new because I am pretty sure I looked at their offerings not too long ago and didn't see anything that looked like it.

I might go for this one next...

Message 8 of 10
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't necessarily have to *live* there... You could just go to church there. (You think they'd buy that I attend mass in Cincinatti with a California address?) Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You don't necessarily have to *live* there... You could just go to church there. (You think they'd buy that I attend mass in Cincinatti with a California address?) Smiley Wink

Good point.     I worship at the First Church of The Remote Sacrement, which is in, um, Preble County.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.