cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Credit Union 2.35% back?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

GE Credit Union 2.35% back?

General Electric CU rewards card is my new non-category card. Its shown as a 2x pts per dollar. When I applied I asked what the pts were worth. It took 3 days (they must not know about pts enthusiasts haha), but I was told 5000 pts for $50 cash back, perfect.
I recently received my SUB and went to redeem some pts. The only option is 8500 pts for $100. I think my math is correct and its 1.17 cpp and a 2.35% cash back card. Is that correct? I can't figure out how to post a screenshot from my phone.
If so, let's not have everyone flooding their apps and lighting up the error of their ways.
Trans 780 EX 750 EQ 750
CO Quicksilver 7,500 1%
FNBO Speedway 6,000 0%
Amex BCP 18,000 5%
Barclay Uber 9,850 5%
Sync Lowes 16,000 0%
Chase FU (AU) 3,300 20%
Chase F 6,000 20%
Discover (AU) 11,000 45%
US Bank Cash+ 8,000 1%
General Electric CU 15,000 10%
Hilton Honors 5,000 1%
Utilization 7%
Negative - 30 day 4 years ago
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Established Contributor

Re: GE Credit Union 2.35% back?

Too late empty bag, cat  is in the wind  !!

I keep really good High Yield accounts and Credit Card gems secret

That is what lets them survive.

FNBO 2% Cashback Visa (20k) / Bank of the West Cashback MC (20k)
US-Bank Cash+ (15k) / FNBO Travel Elite (15k) / Citi Double Cash (18k)
Ficos : 840 / AAoA : 9 yrs / AoOA : 23 Yrs / AoYA : 3
Message 2 of 10
Super Contributor

It’s geofenced so it’s not like everyone will just rush to go get it. 

01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 3 of 10
Mega Contributor

@Saeren wrote:

Well I for one am now househunting in one of the Ohio counties: Adams, Brown, Butler, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Darke, Fayette, Greene, Hamilton, Highland, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby, and Warren.

Message 4 of 10

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

Well I for one am now househunting in one of the Ohio counties: Adams, Brown, Butler, Clark, Clermont, Clinton, Darke, Fayette, Greene, Hamilton, Highland, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby, and Warren.

Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 10
Established Contributor

Wow, that sounds like a pretty good deal!  Yes, I think you have the math correct.  Of course, the problem with points instead of cash-back percentage is they can use smoke and mirrors to change the valuation at any time, so buyer beware. 

I looked on their website and I don't see this card, unless you are talking about the Business Platinum that pays 2 points on everything?  Or maybe this is a special offer to current customers?

Anyway, it looks like myself and many others won't be eligible anyway, per their membership eligibility page.  Smiley Sad ... unless maybe I want to visit and establish myself as a member of one of those churches ... lol

Total Length of Credit = 35+ years; AoOA (Currently open accounts) = 26+ years;
AAoA = 9.5+ years; AoYA = less than 1 year (Aug 2019)
Total Open Credit Lines Over $400K. Utilization Less Than 1%. Inquiries until May 2020 (TU:1 -- EQ:0 -- EX:5)
*Hover cursor over each card to see name, CL
Message 6 of 10
Super Contributor

It’s the VISA Signature card. 

https://www.gecreditunion.org/home/accounts/credit-cards/signature

01/2019:
10/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Cash+, Freedom.
Message 7 of 10
Frequent Contributor

Not a bad card at all, good benefits and no FTF.  I am actually inside this geofence.

Thanks for the heads up on the card.  I think it might be kind of new because I am pretty sure I looked at their offerings not too long ago and didn't see anything that looked like it.

I might go for this one next...

Message 8 of 10
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

You don't necessarily have to *live* there... You could just go to church there. (You think they'd buy that I attend mass in Cincinatti with a California address?) Smiley Wink

Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex Blue Cash ($8K), Amex Simply Cash+ ($4K), Discover ($20.7K), Cap 1 Union Plus MC ($2500), Chase FU Visa Sig ($12K), Chase F Visa Sig ($8.3K), Chase CSP Visa Sig($6.5K), FCB/Elan Rewards Visa Sig($10K), Buckle ($1.3K), BofA AAA Rewards ($67.6K), Paypal credit ($7.8K), BBVA Clearpoints ($7.5K), Cap 1 Savor ($10K)
Message 9 of 10
Mega Contributor

@ChargedUp wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Saeren wrote:

You don't necessarily have to *live* there... You could just go to church there. (You think they'd buy that I attend mass in Cincinatti with a California address?) Smiley Wink

Good point.     I worship at the First Church of The Remote Sacrement, which is in, um, Preble County.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.