Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE - Insufficient Experience letters...

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

GE - Insufficient Experience letters...

Well, I jumped the gun a little. Called what I thought were the backdoor numbers for JPC and Walmart about a week and a half ago. Walmart card is 3 months old. Started at $600. and it jumped up to $700. about 3 weeks ago. JCP was 2 months old when I called. Both numbers that I thought were to underwritting took me into the automated system. Both shot me down. I felt unloved and unwanted... 

My letters arrived today. Both state that they are unable to approve my request due to insufficient experience at teh current credit line. 

I know I was a little early on JCP. Seeing that I got a $100. auto CLI earlier this month, do I have to wait for months from them or should I try next month which will be 4 months after opening the account? I think I probably could have at least got Walmart bumped if I had the number to underwritting. I searched the web and also used the numbers at the top of this section.

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE - Insufficient Experience letters...

I've had that happen. Just wait until next month, when you've reached 4 months since you opened the account, then try again. Worked for me. Good luck!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 2 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

Well, I jumped the gun a little. Called what I thought were the backdoor numbers for JPC and Walmart about a week and a half ago. Walmart card is 3 months old. Started at $600. and it jumped up to $700. about 3 weeks ago. JCP was 2 months old when I called. Both numbers that I thought were to underwritting took me into the automated system. Both shot me down. I felt unloved and unwanted... 

My letters arrived today. Both state that they are unable to approve my request due to insufficient experience at teh current credit line. 

I know I was a little early on JCP. Seeing that I got a $100. auto CLI earlier this month, do I have to wait for months from them or should I try next month which will be 4 months after opening the account? I think I probably could have at least got Walmart bumped if I had the number to underwritting. I searched the web and also used the numbers at the top of this section.

You have to wait exactly 4 statement cuts from account opening to request automated CLI's or they will auto deny and give you that letter. If your accounts are not new you need to wait exactly 4 months since your last CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 5
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

@masscredit wrote:

The cards will grow try again next month don't feel unloved or unwanted just be patient.

Message 4 of 5
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

I got an increase on Amazon today. I used the telephone number on the card and had to hit zero at least thirty times before I could speak with someone. I asked them to do the increase and it was of course denied so I asked if there was someone I could speak with about it. He transferred me and a very nice lady came on the telephone. She didn't ask any questions and said she would look at a credit report (soft pull) and be back in a few minutes. She came back and said she raised it to what I asked. About forty days ago I just received an increase, so it appears that udnerwriters can override the system.

When you ask, say some outrageous number. I asked for 5000 from 2500 last time and this time asked for 10000 and both approved without even asking why I wanted it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.