Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Luv

tag
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

GE Luv

Hi All,

I lurk more than post, but just thought I’d give an update about my GE cards.  Back in January I hit the love button on my Walmart card (first time ever) and my credit line was increased from $600 to $1200.  I was emboldened by this and the fact that GE does soft pulls (right now I’m gardening for all of 2012 while I decrease my horrific utilization and let tons of inquiries age off), so I called in and used the automated system for credit line increases on my PayPal SC my Amazon cards.  I was declined for both, and got letters just last week explaining why they were denied (something weird like lack of experience using current limits??? – don’t remember exactly and have already shredded the letters). 

Anyway, I logged on today to pay this month’s statements, and my Amazon credit line had been increased from $1100 to $1900.  Pleasantly surprised, so off I went to pay my PayPal account – and yes, the same thing had happened; went from $800 to $1700. Smiley Surprised

Lovin’ GE, as my only problem right now is high utilization; adding another $1700 to my available credit will only help with this. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Re: GE Luv

Nice! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 2 of 24
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! It seems like GE has changed the way they do CLIs. A lot of people aren't getting CLIs when the hit the luv button, but later see auto-CLIs. Many people have been posting that here. 

I got a WM in Nov w/only $300 CL and hit the luv button several times (when it was still working) and got the same response as you, "not enough time at current limit." Then got an auto-CLI a month or so ago to $1k.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@TNTransplant wrote:

Hi All,

I lurk more than post, but just thought I’d give an update about my GE cards.  Back in January I hit the love button on my Walmart card (first time ever) and my credit line was increased from $600 to $1200.  I was emboldened by this and the fact that GE does soft pulls (right now I’m gardening for all of 2012 while I decrease my horrific utilization and let tons of inquiries age off), so I called in and used the automated system for credit line increases on my PayPal SC my Amazon cards.  I was declined for both, and got letters just last week explaining why they were denied (something weird like lack of experience using current limits??? – don’t remember exactly and have already shredded the letters). 

Anyway, I logged on today to pay this month’s statements, and my Amazon credit line had been increased from $1100 to $1900.  Pleasantly surprised, so off I went to pay my PayPal account – and yes, the same thing had happened; went from $800 to $1700. Smiley Surprised

Lovin’ GE, as my only problem right now is high utilization; adding another $1700 to my available credit will only help with this. Smiley Happy

Congrats!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 24
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Congrats! It seems like GE has changed the way they do CLIs. A lot of people aren't getting CLIs when the hit the luv button, but later see auto-CLIs. Many people have been posting that here. 

I got a WM in Nov w/only $300 CL and hit the luv button several times (when it was still working) and got the same response as you, "not enough time at current limit." Then got an auto-CLI a month or so ago to $1k.

I think that's how GE operates. I've even called in to complain about a lack of CLI and later received an auto CLI. Last month I tried for a CLI on my ON card and got denied (hadn't quite been 4 months) but I will probably get an auto CLI within the next few months. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 5 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

I think that's how GE operates. I've even called in to complain about a lack of CLI and later received an auto CLI. Last month I tried for a CLI on my ON card and got denied (hadn't quite been 4 months) but I will probably get an auto CLI within the next few months. 

I'm hoping soon myself i;ll start getting auto's, I think I underbid myself when I have to tell them what I want Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 24
frogfan12
Established Contributor

The autos will come as your scores increase and your history with them grows. I didn't get any CLIs with them for a while. I started out at $300 and stayed below $1K for a good 4.5 or so years. But I also didn't have the income to justify a higher limit. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 7 of 24
BlueNightStar
Regular Contributor

GE must be in an auto CLI mood. I was still debating asking for an increase at the 4 month mark even though it isn't time yet. It has only been 3 months on my Amazon card and when I logged in to check a purchase was completely shocked to see the limit go from $900 to $1600.

GECRB was the first company to give me credit in 2 years. I got an Amazon and JC Penney card back in late November. My Amazon card is now almost as high as the 2 MC/Visa cards I have had for almost 10 years. Thanks to this board for recommending GECRB as cards that grow with you because I don't think I ever would have applied for them on my own.

Message 8 of 24
grussell70
Contributor

CONGRATS!!! i logged in this month and my 1500.00 limit had been increased to 3000.00. i was really surprised. the last increase i got from the love button took me from 1400.00 to 1500.00 big increase hunh. i don't ask for one and it gets doubled. how about that.

Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 24
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

Thanks, everyone.  Sounds like GE has been in a generous mood lately... Smiley Happy

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.