Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Luv

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: GE Luv

@BlueNightStar wrote:

GE must be in an auto CLI mood. I was still debating asking for an increase at the 4 month mark even though it isn't time yet. It has only been 3 months on my Amazon card and when I logged in to check a purchase was completely shocked to see the limit go from $900 to $1600.

GECRB was the first company to give me credit in 2 years. I got an Amazon and JC Penney card back in late November. My Amazon card is now almost as high as the 2 MC/Visa cards I have had for almost 10 years. Thanks to this board for recommending GECRB as cards that grow with you because I don't think I ever would have applied for them on my own.

Agreed. While the JCP and Dillard's cards did have appeal to me because I shop there and I like the rewards, they really caught my interest when I read about how well GE backed cards grow. Since last April, I've experienced the following:

JC Penney: 200 -> 1200 -> 1800

Dillard's: 700 -> 1700 -> 4200

And my DH's Lowe's: 300 -> 600 -> 4600

In short, I've been amazed at how quickly and how well they've grown.

And... congrats to the OP and everyone else who has received a nice CLI!!! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 11 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@grussell70 wrote:

CONGRATS!!! i logged in this month and my 1500.00 limit had been increased to 3000.00. i was really surprised. the last increase i got from the love button took me from 1400.00 to 1500.00 big increase hunh. i don't ask for one and it gets doubled. how about that.

Congrats!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 24
Ortz33__
Frequent Contributor

Hey OP, how long have you had your PayPal card?

Message 13 of 24
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@BlueNightStar wrote:

GE must be in an auto CLI mood. I was still debating asking for an increase at the 4 month mark even though it isn't time yet. It has only been 3 months on my Amazon card and when I logged in to check a purchase was completely shocked to see the limit go from $900 to $1600.

GECRB was the first company to give me credit in 2 years. I got an Amazon and JC Penney card back in late November. My Amazon card is now almost as high as the 2 MC/Visa cards I have had for almost 10 years. Thanks to this board for recommending GECRB as cards that grow with you because I don't think I ever would have applied for them on my own.

Agreed. While the JCP and Dillard's cards did have appeal to me because I shop there and I like the rewards, they really caught my interest when I read about how well GE backed cards grow. Since last April, I've experienced the following:

And... congrats to the OP and everyone else who has received a nice CLI!!! Smiley Happy

To anyone that has a JCPenneys card. You can use your card also a CVS and Right Aid. I don't shop JCP very offen but I go a lot to CVS, at leace once a week and you still get the points for spending.
Message 14 of 24
TNTransplant
Established Contributor

@Ortz33__ wrote:

Hey OP, how long have you had your PayPal card?

I got the card in 12/09 (started out with a $600 CL).  They upped it to $700 in 2010, and then to $800 in early 2011 - both of these were auto CLI.  I don't know if the recent jump from $800 - $1700 was because I had asked for a CLI about one month earlier (and was denied), or not. Timing was suspicious, though...

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14

Message 15 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@BlueNightStar wrote:

To anyone that has a JCPenneys card. You can use your card also a CVS and Right Aid. I don't shop JCP very offen but I go a lot to CVS, at leace once a week and you still get the points for spending.

I'd feel a little awkward pulling out a JCP card to pay for something at CVS. Smiley LOL

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 24
UpNComing
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@BlueNightStar wrote:

I'd feel a little awkward pulling out a JCP card to pay for something at CVS. Smiley LOL

I didn know that! Smiley Surprised  Heck I shop CVS multiple times every week.  I'll use it every time now to raise the rewards level on the JCP card.

CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 17 of 24
pakman92
Established Contributor

Paypal Smart Connect is GE, right?  I seemed to have gotten a 700->1400 auto CLI within a last couple months.  No complaints.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 18 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I didn't even think of that UpandComing! Raising the rewards level from shopping at CVS is a great idea!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 19 of 24
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@UpNComing wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@BlueNightStar wrote:

I didn know that! Smiley Surprised  Heck I shop CVS multiple times every week.  I'll use it every time now to raise the rewards level on the JCP card.

That is why i love the card, CVS too.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.