Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE MONEY BANK

tag
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

Re: GE MONEY BANK

I have many of their cards and have never had any problems. Payments post on time. Customer Service always good (so far). Receive CLI on all without asking. So far...so good.

Message 21 of 41
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info! Maybe I'll luck out and my ON card w/upgrade to an ON visa in the future. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 22 of 41
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

I love GEMB! they have been very good to me! I have 2 JCP card, walmart card and a dillards card. My dillard's has a 3400 limit and 2300 on JCP. I love them!

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 41
ALP
New Contributor

I have several GEMB cards (probably too many for the FICO gods to show me favor), but I have never, ever had a problem with them.  I will say that prior to the new consumer protection laws, they seem to change their due dates around from month to month and I ended up paying one day late on my Amazon card.  I called CS and they elimated the late fee due to my "excellent payment history with them".  I was fearful that little incident would affect future cli's, but it didn't.  I have continued to receive a cli every 4 months on all my GEMB cards (except CareCredit - they seem to auto cli from time to time).  I carry a balance usually when there's a promotional offfer, such as Lowe's 18 months 0%.   I think the only GEMB card I have that doesn't seem to offer promotional interest rates from time to time is JCP maybe?? 

Starting Score: 610
Current Score: 676
TU: 678
Goal Score: 740

Message 24 of 41
john398
Senior Contributor

Whats odd to me on payments is when I pay my walmart card online it defaults to the due date not the current date so have to go in and change that

Message 25 of 41
laz98
Senior Contributor

amazon has been generous with me, & i'm very thankful for that!  i just got the walmart card, so we'll have to see how that one treats me Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 41
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

We Have two GE accounts. Lowes and CareCredit. Never a problem. They have always been very generous with CLI's. Matter of fact, when my wife applied for CareCredit, they initially gave her a $2500 CL. I called immediately and explained to the CSR that she was scheduled for $2600 (which is true) worth of dental work. She immediately increased it to $5000.

The Lowes account went from $2000 to $10000 in less than 2 years.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1 card with them, a Lowes credit card. I have never had any issues. I dont really carry a balance on it, mainly use it for their finance offers or 5% off. GE did offer me credit soon after BK (heck I even included my Lowes CC in my bk almost 10 years ago and they still gave me credit). Now, it is my highest CL card at $10,000 higher than any of the VISA, MC or Discover cards I have.

Message 28 of 41
Prettylady1
Regular Contributor

On the rebound...that's great your lowes card had an increase that much in 2 years. Would you mind telling me what your score is? I have several GEMB credit cards but can't seem to get approved for a lowes!!!

Starting Score: TU 640, EQ 636, EX 645
Current Score: TU 665, EQ 706, EX ?
Goal Score: All above 700

Message 29 of 41
MagicShot
Contributor

@Prettylady1 wrote:
On the rebound...that's great your lowes card had an increase that much in 2 years. Would you mind telling me what your score is? I have several GEMB credit cards but can't seem to get approved for a lowes!!!

What was the reason they denined your for a lowes card? I got a lowes card that started at like 500-600 and now its 6,000+

Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.