Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Money Bank Funancing?

tag
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

GE Money Bank Funancing?

Does anyone have this card or know anyone that has it, and what was your scores when getting it. I would really like to get a new motorcycle and this is either a revolving or installment loan from GE Money Bank, which I know is the devil.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: GE Money Bank Funancing?

You have to call them and ask them how they code. It all depends on how they code it on CR. Only way to know is ask them.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a GEMB account through Toro for my snow blower last month.  It reports as a revolving account on my CR.  I can't promise it'll be the same for you.  The "card" they gave me isn't associated with VISA or MC, it just has "TORO" on it, and the name of the store I bought the snow blower from.  I got it for the 12 months no payments, free financing.  I didn't think about it much before I applied, but they gave me a $7000 limit on a $1107 purchase.  I was very appreciative of the CL when I started to think about revolving utilization.   I wasn't offered the financing in the store originally, but noticed it on the Toro website.  The store owners had all the paper work in the store.  The application was done in 15 minutes.

If we don't get some more snow soon I'm not going to be very happy.  At least with the 12 months I won't have to make payments in the summer on a snow blower!  But like any consumer finance loan of this type, don't forget to pay before the promotional period ends, or you'll pay all the back interest.
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got approved for a $10K GEMB Funancing card, as well as an $8.1K Bombardier (GEMB) card. This was a mistake on the dealer's part, as I only applied for credit for the $8,100 bike purchase. I'll happily take the extra $10K to help my utilization ratios, so I didn't say a word to them! At the time, my FICO was 596. A year ago my wife got approved for a $8K Funancing card with ~ 615 FICO.

Good Luck!
Message 4 of 15
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

i hate GE Money
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 5 of 15
solid07
Contributor

I have a Atv threw them and I hate them also!!!
2/22, FICO ,TU 638, EQ 654, EX 630
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to be pushy, but why do you two hate them?  Granted, I've only had an account with them for a month, but so far they've seemed a lot less pushy then the other consumer finance loan company I have an account with, American General Financing.  AGF is always sending me offers in the mail for loans at 25% interest, cash advances, and stuff like that.  I haven't heard a peep from GEMB.
Message 7 of 15
solid07
Contributor

I have the my Atv 2 years and paid on time every month as a matter a fact they received my payments before they were due, and one morning i gave my wife a check to mai off on her way to work and she forgot to mail it and it was left in the sunvisor for a month and I didnt know the payment was not sent untl I got the next bill,   And I asked them time and time to take the 30 day off my credit and they want, I have sent GW letters and everything, I feel like they owed me that much, They dont have to hound me for there money and I have been a great customer!!!
Message 8 of 15
LuvsRetro
Frequent Contributor

Hey guys!  GEMB is also Walmart, Lowes, and some other credit cards.  My brother had the GE Money Bank ATV financing, his daughter paid a recent bill late, which in turn was reported to the credit bureaus, however, after a phone call to their customer service, GE Money reversed all negative history and reporting.   So they are really easy to work with - or it so seems in our situation.  Once you have on GEMB account then it seems really easy to get approved for others.
10/01/2017 myFico EQ-778 TU-793 EX-781
11/01/2017 myFico EX-799, Barclays 11-4 Reported: EQ-796 TU-826 EX-799
Message 9 of 15
solid07
Contributor

Well they would not help me at all!!!!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.