Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GE Money Bank changing their name.

tag
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

GE Money Bank changing their name.

Did anyone notice this on their credit card statement?

"Effective October 1, 2011, GE Money Bank is changing its name to GE Capital Retail Bank."

So instead of GEMB will it be GECRB? 

I wonder why, who did they merge or get bought by or did they buy some other bank?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Re: GE Money Bank changing their name.

@Mekitcat wrote:

Did anyone notice this on their credit card statement?

"Effective October 1, 2011, GE Money Bank is changing its name to GE Capital Retail Bank."

So instead of GEMB will it be GECRB? 

I wonder why, who did they merge or get bought by or did they buy some other bank?

This is what I found on their site. It doesn't look like they were purchased by or acquired anyone. They just decided to change their name.
Question: Why is the bank changing its name from GE Money Bank to GE Capital Retail Bank?

"Rebranding is simply part of our strategy to be in full alignment with GE Capital, our parent
division within GE.  We are simply moving away from the GE Money brand in the U.S."

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Rebranding is simply part of our strategy to be in full alignment with GE Capital, our parent division within GE.  We are moving away from the GE Money brand in the U.S. Brand simplification."

From their website.

2 minutes too late.

Message 3 of 16
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

If I understood it correctly, we will be able to manage all our GE accounts under one user name and password. That will be great.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 4 of 16
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

Yes, yes it will. 

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 5 of 16
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@OnTheRebound wrote:

If I understood it correctly, we will be able to manage all our GE accounts under one user name and password. That will be great.

Agreed Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mekitcat wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Agreed Smiley Happy

We should do a community poll to see the average number of ge capital retail cards that users on thsi forum have.

Message 7 of 16
Mekitcat
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mekitcat wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Agreed Smiley Happy

We should do a community poll to see the average number of ge capital retail cards that users on thsi forum have.

I have 2, Walmart and Dillards AMEX

Message 8 of 16
laz98
Senior Contributor

that would be neat.  i don't use my walmart card much, but it would still be nice.  i only have the amazon & walmart cards.  oh, & ultra diamonds.

Message 9 of 16
ReVeLaTeD
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mekitcat wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

Agreed Smiley Happy

I only have two right now - Amazon Store Card and Chevron Visa.  But even with two it's still a headache.  It was nightmarish back when I had JC Penney and the Chevron Store Card too.  I'd like to consider getting their two American Express cards in the somewhat later future if they're still around...Universal and I think the other is Dillards, and having a single point account would be helpful.

Credit Cards:
| Cabrillo Credit Union MasterCard @ $3,000 | Chevron Visa @ $2,000 | Amazon Store Card @ $1,800 | HSBC 2% Rewards MasterCard @ $950 (redeemed themselves)
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.